down to 4 1911 choices!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
SA loaded, SA TRP, Kimber Crimson carry, and Taurus PT1911.....

it was hard getting it down to those 4

now comes the really hard part....
my plan is to eliminate one per month till April ( that when i turn 21) that will leave me with my choice ...
so close but yet so far!

From this point, it's easy. Just keep eliminating them til the only one left is American-made. :wink:
GEDC0176.jpg

WAYNO.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
well played sir! i mean i do it with my cars.... might as well do it with my guns!

revhigh

Hawkeye
WAYNO":zvxlk5tb said:
From this point, it's easy. Just keep eliminating them til the only one left is American-made. :wink:
GEDC0176.jpg

WAYNO.

Nice grips WAYNO, which VZ's are they ??

REV

revhigh":2wwli81j said:
Nice grips WAYNO, which VZ's are they ??

REV

Guess I don't even know for sure. I don't see a match, between mine, and any of the current VZ grips. Maybe they're not VZ. There are no markings of any kind on the inside of the grips.

WAYNO.

cbzdel

Bearcat
I have the Taurus PT1911 in stainless.. I couldnt afford nor did I want a $1000 1911.. I really just wanted to for the "cool factor" just to say yeah I have one of those haha..

I will probably shoot it only a couple times a year because .45 is so expensive!

But I paid $600 for it and I LOVE it, its very accurate to!

Plus it has a lifetime warranty :D

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
what warranty does Kimber come with?

because SA has a lifetime one also.

but i must agree that the PT1911 is a very well built gun, if you haven't handle one and slam it online go handle/ fire one you'll see for the money its a great deal.

but i like those Kimbers over the Taurus's and yes i have shot them both, it was a closer competition than i expected though. Kimber still pulled ahead by a little.

toolman

Bearcat
I own two kimbers one full size and one compact 45 luv them both can,t speak for the other brands never fired them found my kimber and stopped there

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
actually im still deciding im really leaning towards a Springfield armory loaded but I still have a lil less than a month to decide

revhigh

Hawkeye
2fast4u":whd1qjuh said:
actually im still deciding im really leaning towards a Springfield armory loaded but I still have a lil less than a month to decide

Good choice .... I'm looking at a stainless target loaded in 9MM right now.

I'd stick with the Springfields ...

REV

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
One of the few guns I have sold and wish a million times I didn't sell was a Springfield 45ACP.
I will NEVER sell another 1911,
The Springfield was a great shooter, sold it, the guy that bought it left it under the seat of his car, a week later- he no longer owned the Springer!!
I wish I never sold it..., I don't know how many times I have said that, LOL!!

For pretty, get a Kimber,
For a 100% reliable shooter you can beat to death and it never miss a beat, get a Springer...