Don't put it down or turn your back...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

djw54

Single-Sixer
Because someone might just buy it out from under you.:(

Walked into the big LGS today, and there in the case is a 7.5" Redhawk Hunter (i.e. with ring cuts) in .41 Magnum, Stainless. No box, no rings, but in good shape, and I've got rings at home. $479.

Paint me stupid, I let him put it back in the case while I wandered around the shop. Come back and it's gone, ask salesman, he makes "poof" sign, says they're hard to come by. I don't know if they even had time to do the paperwork, so I suspect an employee decided they wanted it. Doesn't matter who got it, I didn't.

Somebody make me feel better and say that wasn't a good deal. :roll:

The only consolation, and the only reason I even hesitated, is that I've got one, just not the hunter version. I know, it's no consolation.

Don

Snake45

Hawkeye
If you let him put it back in the case, you must not have really wanted it in the first place. :wink:

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
You dodged a bullet there, those are available everywhere - $479! you've got to be joking. I bought three last week all NIB all for under $25 a piece. On another one, because it had a cylinder drag mark the whole way round and had fired almost 50 rounds, the guy gave me $10 just to take it off his hands.

Hopefully that made you feel better for a few seconds or gave you a little smile :)

Sounds to me like an employee had been thinking about buying it and you showing interest suddenly made his mind up for him.

ElrodCod

Single-Sixer
I had that happen to me with a Super Blackhawk Bisley. I hem'd & hawed & said I'd think about it & the next day it was gone. The counter guy grabbed it for himself.

scottaschultz

Bearcat
Now you guys are going to think this is so strange, but I was just in a big LGS in Michigan and I saw this 7.5" Redhawk Hunter (i.e. with ring cuts) in .41 Magnum, Stainless in the counter for ONLY $479! I had just bought 10 cases of .41 Magnum and I still had almost $500 left over so I said, What the heck! Why not?" so I bought it!

Weird story, huh?

Scott

djw54

Single-Sixer
scottaschultz":1hse2zxa said:
Now you guys are going to think this is so strange, but I was just in a big LGS in Michigan and I saw this 7.5" Redhawk Hunter (i.e. with ring cuts) in .41 Magnum, Stainless in the counter for ONLY $479! I had just bought 10 cases of .41 Magnum and I still had almost $500 left over so I said, What the heck! Why not?" so I bought it!

Weird story, huh?

Scott

Oh, that's cold.

Ten cases of factory .41 Magnum would run north of 5 large; for that, they ought to have thrown in the gun.

MADDOG 521

Single-Sixer
The same happened to me. There were 2000 MSPP on the shelf and I was going to buy them. I was the only guy in there. In the time I looked at what else was in there another guy walked in and grabbed them. They were $28 per K. Never again.

sturmenater

Bearcat
djw54":3fb5tgzc said:
sturmenater":3fb5tgzc said:
what store was this at

OT in Kzoo. Where'd you find that 5.5" a couple weeks ago?

OT in kalamazoo is where i found the 5.5 a couple of weeks ago i had it on lawaway for 2 weeks and last weel i fiqured i need another magnum like i needed another hole in my head so i switched my credit to a 22/45 mark III walked out with that for $219

I would have loved a redhawk in .41 mag just for something different but i have enough reloading dies in the gun room

djw54

Single-Sixer
sturmenater":2li362fj said:
djw54":2li362fj said:
sturmenater":2li362fj said:
what store was this at

OT in kalamazoo is where i found the 5.5 a couple of weeks ago i had it on lawaway for 2 weeks and last weel i fiqured i need another magnum like i needed another hole in my head so i switched my credit to a 22/45 mark III walked out with that for $219

I would have loved a redhawk in .41 mag just for something different but i have enough reloading dies in the gun room

Figures. I didn't get in there last week, or might have grabbed the 5.5. It's all just as well, though, as I probably don't need another .41...what am I saying?!?!?

BTW, nice to know there's another member here in Kzoo. I shoot out at KRGC. If you're ever out there we may have already met. PM me if you'd like to chat.

Don

Rex Driver

Bearcat
sturmenater":2uv03p4r said:
djw54":2uv03p4r said:
sturmenater":2uv03p4r said:
what store was this at

It is funny that you post your encounter with the redhawk as today I took delivery of my new Black Hawk in 41Mag. I just switched from Cowboy Action Shooting and have decided to purchase Rugers in four calibers just to go to the range and have fun with. I got a Bisley in 45Cal last month and just got set up with the dies, 500 hard cast bullets, Lee Disk Powder measure set up for the 45 and a couple of moulds for future casting after the 500 bullets are gone. Oh, by the way, large primers were found as well as 1,000 45 cases and I am set up for shooting 45 Colt Rounds.

Now the fun begins again, time to find all of the reloading components and items needed for reasonable priced range time.

In the 45 brass that I bought I got about half a dozen 44-40s, oh well, another option I had not thought of. Will this never end? How many new guns and reloading items can you hide from a wife? Stay tuned to see if this 38 year marriage will continue to survive. In all honesty the wife just bought a 101 for personal carry, God, I love that woman.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I found a NICE, Boxed, Old Model Super at the Tulsa Show one time many years ago. The "son" was minding the store while "dad" cruised around. I held that gun in my hand for 40 minutes until "dad" returned....and it's still in my collection.

One cannot walk away or it'll be GONE!

flatgate

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
I've had incidents just like djw54 and flatgate described. If you really wanted it and felt like you could spend the money, you would have held on to it. You can't have 'em all... unless you're WMG!

sasu

Single-Sixer
Someone said it well: "You can afford to have any gun you want, just not all the guns at once."

Knuckles

Buckeye
I heeded your warning and got a real nice used SS BlackHawk 357mag.

I put it back once, and remembered this post.

It was only $299.00 and MAN! was it smooth.

Latest posts