StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
What I have:

Bearcat
SS Hunter
GP100 4"
SRH .44 mag 9.5"
Bisley Vaquero .45LC 5.5"

I'm missing a BLACKHAWK! What do y'all recommend? Should I get a NM or wait for the next gun show to come around and find an OM? I do prefer stainless, so maybe NM is the only option.

What barrel length has the most balance, in your opinion? I want it to be packable, but it doesn't have to have an overly short barrel, either.

.357 will be the caliber, mainly because it's the cheapest for me to shoot and I prefer it over the .45LC and I don't want a SBH yet.

Sorry if I haven't been clear enough. haha

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Deo Vindice.
Stonewall

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
The 50th anniversary .357 Blackhawks are very nice. The frame and cylinder are both just a little bit downsized, but they have a steel gripframe, unlike other blued Blackhawks, which have aluminum. This makes for a relatively heavy, compact package that feels really good in the hand. I have not shot one, but I've handled them and I really want one!

I think they're the best thing going for a packable .357 single action (for the money, that is).

Edit: I just read the OP again and saw that you prefer stainless. So you are like me--crossing fingers that they will bring out a stainless flattop. My alternate solution, which I would like even better, is a stainless New Vaquero with some target sights from Bowen or Clements!