D'oh!, why'd I go back to the gun store tonight....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
The main factor for recoil, for the same ammo, is going to be the weight of the handgun. Although recoil energy is used to cycle the action on a semi auto, your hands still have to provide the resistance for this to be accomplished so the recoil energy is virtually the same, it's just spread over a fractionally longer time - in my understanding.

It sounds like you definitely made the right choice with your trade as the Blackhawk is obviously working for you, I can feel the positive energy and excitement - that's what it's all about having guns that just feel right on some primitive level.

Hammerdown77

Blackhawk
A suggestion on the grip. If you're just looking for slightly more length on the end of the grip for your pinky, and you still like the plowhandle grip shape, you can get wood grips that extend past the bottom of the grip frame. That would be an easier (and less expensive) option than getting a new Bisley grip frame, Bisley grips, and a Bisley trigger.

Maybe someone else can post a picture of these extended grips, I can't seem to find the link I had.