Does your LCR have a rattle?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GKC

Blackhawk
I just bought an LCR this evening, NIB, and it has a little rattle...it sounds like it is coming from the internal hammer area. I took the grips off, and couldn't see anything loose...and holding the cylinder and other external parts of the gun don't seem to stop the rattle.

Is this normal for this gun? :?:

kscott

Single-Sixer
yep sure is. Its the transfer bar rattling around. Nothin to worry about. dryfire it and hold the trigger back and then shake it. It shouldn't rattle then. ENJOY it!!

GKC

Blackhawk
kscott":1wqqmsrg said:
yep sure is. Its the transfer bar rattling around. Nothin to worry about. dryfire it and hold the trigger back and then shake it. It shouldn't rattle then. ENJOY it!!

Thanks! That was it...funny, I don't notice that on my Ruger Alaskan or my Vaquero.

cal45

Bearcat
GKC":tjfxhxqq said:
I just bought an LCR this evening, NIB, and it has a little rattle...it sounds like it is coming from the internal hammer area. I took the grips off, and couldn't see anything loose...and holding the cylinder and other external parts of the gun don't seem to stop the rattle.

Is this normal for this gun? :?:

LOL - I did the same exact thing you did when I arrived home with my new LCR. Only difference is that I did a search here and up popped a few threads regarding this and I was able to go to sleep with no worries. 8)

GKC

Blackhawk
cal45":161kr1e6 said:
LOL - I did the same exact thing you did when I arrived home with my new LCR. Only difference is that I did a search here and up popped a few threads regarding this and I was able to go to sleep with no worries. 8)

Next time, I'll search first and ask later! :lol: Nothing like a noob showing his ignorance, huh? :oops:

Cholo

Staff member
They not only come with a rattle, but a pacifier too. You can bring the rattle to your local gun club, but I recommend leaving the pacie at home; if you're over 30 anyway :wink: