Does this P95 extractor look right?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WATYF

Bearcat
I bought a P95 a few months ago and I've had consistent FTE problems with it lately. Sometimes as much as every 2 or 3 rounds it will FTE. I've paid careful attention to my grip, let a few other (experienced) shooters try it, and tried a few different kinds of ammo.

I read the comments online about the extractor sometimes needing to be bent a little more, so I figured I'd take the extractor out to see if I could fix it myself. Before I even tried bending it, however, I noticed that the "claw" at the end looked a little odd (like it had a dent in it), so I took a few pictures.

Is this what you all's extractor claw looks like?

http://tinyurl.com/n34s4t

http://tinyurl.com/mzkayk

I tried submitting this question to the Online Support Request, but their system must be down, because I keep getting an error.

WATYF

QB

Single-Sixer
My new KP95PR had some failure to extract issues and I called Ruger. They emailed me a pre-paid shipping label and had the gun back to me within 2 weeks. Invoice indicated "repaired extractor and fired 20 rounds with no malfuctions". I tested the gun and it worked 100%. I sold it today but only because I now have two P89s (P89T and P89 stainless) as my house guns.

I am obviously pleased with Ruger's customer service (at no cost to me) so if your P95 is under warranty you may want to give them a call.

I hate to say it but the simplest solution is to just call Ruger and send it back to them. I own 3 P95s and all are perfect... the only problems I've ever had with any of my Rugers... lost count... is when I modify them.

A

Anonymous

I spent eight months messing with my p95 for the same reason, replaced the extractor twice, even had a local gunsmith look at it to no avail.
Finally sent it back to Ruger and two plus months later I get the gun back fixed. Not only was the extractor replaced but the recoil spring assembley and the ejector too.
to this day I really wonder if it was the extractor or the if d@mn ejector was not working right??

*Either way after two trips and 200 plus rounds it works fine now. Personally, I'd call ruger and have them look at it, shipping was free as were the repairs with my gun. 8)

WATYF

Bearcat
Yeah... I'm sure the easiest solution is just to send it back. The problem is the possible 2+ month wait time to get my gun back. This is my only handgun.

WATYF

A

Anonymous

WATYF said:
Yeah... I'm sure the easiest solution is just to send it back. The problem is the possible 2+ month wait time to get my gun back. This is my only handgun.

WATYF

:idea: Then try adding a little more bend in the extractor to add more pressure on the shell. :)

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
b.thomas":ikay5rjm said:
WATYF":ikay5rjm said:

WATYF

:idea: Then try adding a little more bend in the extractor to add more pressure on the shell. :)

It may be better to have a 12 guage in the house that works than a pistol that probability will jam? I'd send it in to Rugger, the choice is yours , you may have to live with it! No offence meant!

WATYF

Bearcat
Well, I decided to bite the bullet (no pun intended) and send it in. I read a few other threads about people with FTE issues who said that getting a new extractor didn't fix their problem and that sending it in was the only thing that helped, so to avoid the possibility of wasting time waiting for a new extractor that might not even fix it, I'll just hope that they get it back to me in two weeks instead of two months.

And I said this is my only handgun. Not my only gun. I still have plenty of other options in the house. :D

WATYF