Does Ruger make a .40 semiauto with a polymer frame?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

markmmg

Bearcat
I have a P89 and I would like to add a .40 semiauto with a polymer frame. I heard bad things about the S&W Sigma .40.

Spikess

Bearcat
markmmg":2ngz0ic4 said:
I have a P89 and I would like to add a .40 semiauto with a polymer frame. I heard bad things about the S&W Sigma .40.

I don't think so on the polymer frame .40.

As for the Sigma, I think all the negative talk has to do with the 2,000 lb. trigger pull. Just lift weights and eat your Wheaties.

Al James

Hunter
No. But they should and will imo. I would expect it on the SR platform but I'm not sure it can take the pounding. Let Rugers guys figure that out. I think a P95 style gun in 40 would sell too. Probably even better if you made it 80% to scale.

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
I think the P345 would be the more logical candidate for a "forty." A new bbl. Maybe beef up the bottom end a tad, add a new magazine, and this gizmo should be good to go! :wink:

Al James

Hunter
Anthony Williams":2389s9im said:
I think the P345 would be the more logical candidate for a "forty." A new bbl. Maybe beef up the bottom end a tad, add a new magazine, and this gizmo should be good to go! :wink:

There you go! And make the mag disconnect a factory option. Single stack? Or chub it up a little with a double stack? Ruger should come here as members, listen, and make the guns we want. Probably not.

BADBUBBA

Bearcat
I have the Sigma 40 I havent had any problem at all
ever time i pull the trigger it goes bang. and it hits wear i am aiming

Scorpion

Bearcat
Spikess":13orrn1z said:
markmmg":13orrn1z said:

I don't think so on the polymer frame .40.

As for the Sigma, I think all the negative talk has to do with the 2,000 lb. trigger pull. Just lift weights and eat your Wheaties.

Agree with the comment above on the Sigma. I have a 9mm Sigma and the only real complaint I have is the nasty trigger pull. I think when the Sigma first came out they experienced quite a few problems with ftf and fte, however those issues seem to be worked out. As for a .40 cal. handgun I have a G22 Glock which I am impressed with. Good luck.

markmmg

Bearcat
Well then I may have to try out a Sigma .40. My local Academy Sporting goods store has them for $320.