Do you routinely carry more than one gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

volshooter

Buckeye
Hell yes. Always my EDC and a .380 in my back pocket. Yeah I carry 2 pocket knives. One is for work and one is for varmints,
I'd rather have a .380 in my back pocket than a wallet. Thats on the other side. Prefer to be prepared than unarmed.

retrieverman

Bearcat
I’ve never carried more than one gun on me, but I always have another handgun and rifle in my truck.

wxl1

Bearcat
Usually a 380 pocket carry and when I feel a IWB is more appropriate I carry a Sig 224 either in 40 or 357Sig. Often do not bother to take off the pocket carry.

anjlinastone

Bearcat
I think that more than one gun is not good choice. This is extra weight to carry 2 gun. So, I try to have one gun at a time :)

173rdLRRP

Single-Sixer
50 some years ago in Vietnam, I carried an M16 and a 1911. Grouse hunting, I carry a 20 gauge 870 and a Colt trooper .357. Other than that, I don't anticipate encountering a hostile platoon, so I guess one will do the job.
It was common to have one sidearm on a patrol in 173rd ABN LRRP in case someone had a critical weapon failure. This did happen.

toysoldier

Hunter
A pocket auto on my person, and a Ruger Service-six and reloads in a quickly-accessed safe in my truck, loaded with 158-grain solids. Just in case I end up in a bad scenario on the road and need to shoot through something.

whymhot

Bearcat
Typically when i am travelling, I have to carry a shotgun and one semi pistol.

BearBiologist

Single-Sixer
A rifle/shotgun and a pistol when hunting.

My Army XO (Airborne Ranger, battlefield commission, and 3 tours in 'Nam) said "By the time 7 shots are fired, someone will be dead, if you know what you are doing!"

173rdLRRP

Single-Sixer

My Army XO (Airborne Ranger, battlefield commission, and 3 tours in 'Nam) said "By the time 7 shots are fired, someone will be dead, if you know what you are doing!"
Absolutely. I was involved in three CQC (3-10 m) as a LRRP. People were dead in first 1-2 seconds. Two engagements lasted longer since there a lot more folks involved in two of the events.5 of us, too many of them.

Our job was to be stealthy and get information, and not engage. But we were not always successful in being stealthy. As one well known team leader said, “if you get a medal, you should get an accompanying Article 15 and a bust in rank for gross negligence and incompetence.”

Carrying extra ordnance compromised movement.

Carrying additional firearms that differ in handling/feel means possible misadjustment of weapon in engagement that could cost critical time. If you plan to change carry weapon, than best do several hundred presentations and dry fires before transition.

I did IPSC and IDPA for several years at a reasonable level. Kids got to be over 4 and I had better and more enjoyable things to do on weekends

Last edited:

whymhot

Bearcat

Do you shoot Sass ?

KIR

Single-Sixer
Carried an M2 .30 cal. carbine and a 1911 .45 for four years. Only one these days, but say...
does a multi-barrel shotgun count as two? How about a Gatling Gun?