do you have water on your property?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bobski

Hunter
some govt agencies have asked people to disclose if they had water on their property. many here have read about this and i came to a conclusion after seeing this.
seems the (green) thing wants to know where they can get the next fuel source when its needed for use.
wonder who and what else is going hydrogen power?

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Splitting water to obtain hydrogen is grossly inefficient. Large volume commercial hydrogen is produced from natural gas. Also, creating a hydrogen powered engine has been played with for at least 35 years to my personal knowledge when I worked for Boeing. There are a lot of problems with it including hydrogen embrittlement of metals.

dweis

Single-Sixer
I don’t think it has a nefarious intent. Current situation in western states that get their water from the Colorado River is serious as the water levels keep dropping and are now reaching an extreme point. If that is a precursor of future decline in water supplies, then knowing where water can be found could become critical information. We could be looking at water shortage in their US in decades to come. In the west it might happen much sooner.

Hvymax

Blackhawk
Anything the government does is nefarious. In Maryland rainwater is considered toxic and should be contained by any means necessary. (Rain barrels, Cisterns, Drain fields).
Out West you can be arrested for a rain barrel. That's the idea Winston.

With Google and GPS it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if there is water on just about anywhere. If they should stop by after a hard rain they will find a swamp in the corner of my front yard. If they would like to drain it I would not complain.

Pps1980

Single-Sixer
With Google and GPS it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if there is water on just about anywhere. If they should stop by after a hard rain they will find a swamp in the corner of my front yard. If they would like to drain it I would not complain.
Will you complain when they issue an agency order that you must maintain the naturally occurring wetland?

bobsyouruncle

Single-Sixer
In my area people were drilling deep wells on 10 to 35 acre mountain parcels that far exceeded household use and were more in line with an agg use. Gee I wonder why they would need that much water?

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Some years back my sewer line needed replacing. Turned out at the edge of my property it was 11.5' down Poor plumbers dug for two days by hand to reach it. Anyway, turned out they were getting water seeping into the ditch. So yea, there's water not too deep. But In urban areas you don't own the water rights. In fact I have no idea who does. Though push come to shove I'd dig a well in the back yard.

Wvfarrier

Single-Sixer
We looked at a farm in Montana and water rights were a HUGE part of the realtors disclosure. The owner had dug a 700' deep well (how do you service such a thing) and a couple springs. They substantially raised the overall price of the property

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I have 6 'impoundments' (farm ponds), 2 functional wells, 3 seasonal creeks, and a year round running creek (blue line on the map) on my farm. Under WOTUS, most of these would/could become 'regulated' to some degree including the requirement to allow Federal inspection. Currently, the only 'regulated' watercourse is the 'blueline' creek.

sceva

Single-Sixer
Splitting water to obtain hydrogen is grossly inefficient. There are a lot of problems with it including hydrogen embrittlement of metals.

Ding Ding Ding Ding; we have a winner. Hydrogen Embrittlement to steel ( especially some of the aerospace carburizing alloys like Pyroware (Alloy 53 or AMS 6308) 9310, 8620 used in gears and other hardened parts is a very real occurrence and is why such parts MUST be baked at low temps for a given time (hours) after ant contact with hydrogen containing chemicals such as plating (copper, silver, chrome, nickel). Hydrogen being the smallest atom on the periodic table is absorbed into the crystalline lattice of the alloy and, if not driven out by baking within a short time after exposure stay permanently and reacts with other elements in the alloy causing it to get harder and more brittle until it ultimately cracks and fails. I have observed parts that were perfect parts slowly develop cracks and even fracture.
When involved in making compressors for the Natural gas industry, when dealing with what is called Sour Gas they would specify No Yellow Metals ( Fittings to be stainless) and worst case All the fasteners were annealed to start out soft and were removed and replaced at regular intervals as they hardened from hydrogen exposure.

While I am sure that hydrogen as a fuel is possible great care would need to be taken to prevent exposure of certain parts to it.

ronto

Buckeye
The left is attacking the family, corrupting our children, attacking religion especially Christians, destroying our free speech rights, turning government agencies like the FBI and DOJ on law abiding citizens, making a mockery out of patriotism, fixing elections, corrupting sports and movies, and now attacking private property rights with this WOTUS power grab. The "big picture" is obvious and they are no longer trying to hide it. They hate you and will destroy you unless you stand up and fight back.

Latest posts