Do you ever (occasionally) holster your LNIB Old Models?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Curio Bill

Bearcat
I'm new here & I have been admiring some of the Old Models you guys have posted in the archived pages. (Especially that flatgate guy) I can tell by the posts that a lot, if not most of you occasionally shoot them. Do you ever (occasionally) holster your LNIB Old Models? If done in moderation is holstering that big a risk to the finish?

Thanks, Bill

Curio Bill":3iqb11fk said:
I'm new here & I have been admiring some of the Old Models you guys have posted in the archived pages. (Especially that flatgate guy) I can tell by the posts that a lot, if not most of you occasionally shoot them. Do you ever (occasionally) holster your LNIB Old Models? If done in moderation is holstering that big a risk to the finish?

Thanks, Bill
Well Bill,
I have a few real nice Old Rugers. Yes they have seen the inside of a holster and God forbid shot. Just be careful what you do. They are after all Rugers
Jim

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Shoot-em!!!

I can sympathize with both camps. I only have a few that a true safe queens and they are only that, as I am saving them for my kids, and someday grand kids. The rest of them I shoot.

Any time in a holster might prematurely speed up the process of aging so on that note you will have to decide on your own.

Now don't get me wrong, there are some that I will only shoot at paper ect or hunt on bluebird days. I don't see the harm in that. Somebody enjoyed them before me and hopefully somebody will after me. If I was just going to look at them I would buy artwork instead. A painting of a half naked women perhaps. Better yet the same woman with a Ruger! hummmm....I wonder........ah never mind, not sure Jennifer Aniston wouldn't do it anyway

Guns can be works of art, I just prefer to use them as Bill, John and Sam intended.

Dave

flatgate

Hawkeye
Well said, wmg!

Of course I have a few "shooter" examples along side those pampered "safe queens".

112875649.jpg

flatgate

Curio Bill

Bearcat
flatgate":3ce45pos said:
Well said, wmg!

Of course I have a few "shooter" examples along side those pampered "safe queens".

112875649.jpg

flatgate
Call me cheap but I would sure LUV to have a coupla "Shooters" like those two!!!!!!!!! DADDY LIKE!!!!! :D

Curio Bill

Bearcat
Ruger1nut":9l1uwyzq said:
Shoot-em!!!

I can sympathize with both camps. ........ah never mind, not sure Jennifer Aniston wouldn't do it anyway
Guns can be works of art, I just prefer to use them as Bill, John and Sam intended.

Dave
there is a NICE thought to end the day with......... :wink:

Curio Bill

Bearcat
flatgate":23cjhphf said:
Well said, wmg!

112875649.jpg

flatgate
Flatgate, actually the bottom gun is PRECISELY the type/% of gun I was asking about!!! I personally would not own a gun that was TOO perfect to shoot (That is called a paperweight!!) If you would holster that fine a gun then I will have no problem holstering the ones I WILL eventually buy. Thanks, Bill.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Curio Bill":cgplkzqj said:
Flatgate, actually the bottom gun is PRECISELY the type/% of gun I was asking about!!! I personally would not own a gun that was TOO perfect to shoot (That is called a paperweight!!) If you would holster that fine a gun then I will have no problem holstering the ones I WILL eventually buy. Thanks, Bill.

Well, the pristine ones are a definite investment! And, over the years, I've managed to pick up some "shootable" copies of my most prized "safe queens" so I can enjoy the best of both worlds. Here's a couple of "safe queen" OM .45's with short barrels....
43971939.jpg

I wouldn't dare "play with them"! Now, the "shooter" pictured in my previous post fits very well in several different holsters that I have :D

JMHO,

flatgate

martyj

Blackhawk
Those are all nice pistols but your shooters for some reason. Doesn't mean they shoot better or worth more just going on looks.
Good job