Do I need a Redhawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

airwin

Bearcat
As some have said here, a Redhawk you need! It is an extremely robust revolver in a beautiful classic shape, built to last forever. I was lucky to get one in high gloss finish about 20 years ago :)

Redhawkonblue_zpsf4e05432.jpg

andyo5

Single-Sixer
You probably don't need one.
The question is... do you want one?
If so and you have the money, buy one.
I have a Redhawk with a Wolff mainspring and I love it. I also have several other guns in the same caliber, including a S&W.

DSC_2545.jpg

mill428

Bearcat
Thanks for all the input! I do believe I have come to the decision that I will be searching for a .45 Colt Redhawk as soon as my "need" fund is built back up. Haven't decided on barrel length. Probably make that decision when I see what is available at that time.

I have also decided to keep my 629. I am a little surprised I considered selling it in the first place. Especially since it took me a while to find one in this condition for the price I paid (I don't have much in it). My brain gets moving in one direction sometimes to the exclusion of everything else. I plan on using it for factory loads with the occasional thumper and my Bisley SBH for the times I am consistently shooting something hotter. Both are great revolvers in their own right.

Thanks also for the pictures. I am a visual learner. It helps me see what is available and the pictures of the customs give me an idea of what is possible with some imagination. Lots of beautiful Rugers!

Craig