Disaasmbling a GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
I just got a LNIB GP100 for $350 on gunbroker. Do a search if you want one, they have about 200 left! Anyway, is there a video or something that shows you how to disaassmble and reassemble it? Could you disaasmble it and let it soak in simple Green or something ( know-lube after that). How hard is it to put in the wolff trigger spring to lighten the pull?

surveyor47

Single-Sixer
Disassemby is greatly facilitated by a "Ruger Popper", which looks like a bent screwdriver. Brownells used to carry them, but you might be able to find one on Gunbroker or Ebay.

You do need to clean the inside of the gun and barrel prior to firing. I do not see change of springs as really necessary, particularly on a new gun. The heavy springs enhance the "break in" period. Before long, your GP100 will have "buttery smooth" trigger pull.

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
surveyor47":2g7fj98y said:
Disassemby is greatly facilitated by a "Ruger Popper", which looks like a bent screwdriver. Brownells used to carry them, but you might be able to find one on Gunbroker or Ebay.

You do need to clean the inside of the gun and barrel prior to firing. I do not see change of springs as really necessary, particularly on a new gun. The heavy springs enhance the "break in" period. Before long, your GP100 will have "buttery smooth" trigger pull.

So I should disassemble the whole thing before firing, or just a regular revolver cleaning? Frame, cylinder, barrel)