Dillon Precision's warranty service is fantastic!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Eliminator

Bearcat
I guess sixteen years and tens of thousands of rounds can cause some wear on an RL550B. The wear has been gradual over time so I hadn't really noticed until I recently saw a display of new Dillon presses. While checking over the new 550's I couldn't help but think how they felt much more solid and free from play as compared to mine. Or maybe, I thought, it was my imagination. Well when I got home to compare, my jaw nearly hit the floor. Holy cow, the whole bottom end was sloppy and loose compared to a new press. I mean it was bad! Called Dillon and told them the situation and informed them I would be in Scottsdale in two weeks and asked "can I drop it off?" "Absolutely!" I left them with the press and the primer system, nothing else. All my tool heads/powder measures are working perfectly and need nothing. While there I bought a tool holder with the wrenches, which I've been meaning to do for years, and a .45-70 conversion kit. Gotta love that shopping!!
A few days later Dillon sent my press back in new condition. Everything was replaced except the main press body, the shell plate platform, the case platform, and the wire cartridge spring. The whole bottom end including the main shaft, links, cross pins, and crank were replaced. The primer system was replaced as well, even got an upgrade to the "newer" primer slide. All for no charge! Not even shipping. To say I am pleased would be an understatement. Thank you Dillon Precision for a great product, great service, and an unmatched warranty!

contender

Ruger Guru
Mike Dillon set THE standard in the industry with his NO BS warranty. And he chose to do direct marketing to let the buyers eliminate the various "middle man" mark-ups we all usually pay. Very few Dillon "dealers" out there because the only discount they get is 10%. Not enough to make much money.
I've been using Dillons since about 2000, and I've often kicked myself for waiting so long to do so. They have ALWAYS been extremely helpful on the phone, and fast shipping of anything I needed. The warranty,,, bar none,,, the best in the industry.

Ethang

Blackhawk
I've been a Dillon customer since the early 90's. I too sent my 650 back and it returned darn near new for no charge.

Little things have broken over the years and a phone call brings a replacement part. Of course, while on the phone getting the free warranty parts, I normally buy something else I have needed or wanted... hmmmm. Do you think Mike planned it like that?

Eliminator

Bearcat
Ethang said:
Of course, while on the phone getting the free warranty parts, I normally buy something else I have needed or wanted... hmmmm. Do you think Mike planned it like that?

I'm not sure if it was planned that way but I do the same thing! I'm not reloading the volume I once was, mostly loading .327, some .44 Special, and a smattering of .357, no more 9mm. When I visited the Dillon store I was very close to buying a 550C so I would have separate small primer and large primer setups. I've just added a Ruger no. 1 rifle in .44 Mag to my rotation so I'm doing more large primer stuff now than previously. Currently I have two complete primer systems and simply change the whole assembly when converting from small to large.

contender

Ruger Guru
I own 4 Dillon presses. I keep my 650 set up for large primers,,, and I use my 2 SDB's for my small primer stuff. My 550 is an all around rifle set-up. I do have 2 of the auto primer filler set-ups,,, as it's a PAIN to adjust the feed assy from small to large & back again. Lots of Dillon blue on my bench. (Steve Hornady said my stuff was the wrong color. I replied promptly,,, no it wasn't.)

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
Mike Dillon was the greatest extended warranty salesman in the reloading business.