Different kinds of street gangs on LA streets 😉

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Paul B

Buckeye
IIRC, Commiefornia fired a fish and game employee for hunting and killing a Mountain Lion in ANOTHER state. Heard he was suing the state. I wonder who that's gonna work out?
It's OK for for Mountain Lions to stalk and kill hikers and cyclists but not OK to kill livestock. Someone has their priorities all screwed up.
Paul B.

Old and grumpy

Bearcat
Fine looking Hollywood Cougars! Look up P22. He eats koalas at the LA Zoo.
1666357593422.png
1666357565515.png
1666357618337.png

txramfan

Single-Sixer
A cougar has wandered by a friends townhouse in San Clemente CA in the past year. He showed me a couple daytime photos off his security camera, healthy looking cat.

Enigma

Hunter

BearBiologist

Blackhawk
Had a cougar killed on the on-ramp to the Glendale Freeway just below the 210 Fwy. On the hill about 100 yards above our apt. Saw coyotes almost as far south as Las Tunas and Rosemead while doing my thesis is Angeles Forest (we lived just off that intersection).

Course we also had Amazon parrots raiding fruit in our trees!

• Wow
Reactions: jyo

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
At least they are finally admitting that lions have made a very strong comeback and are in many neighborhood. A few years ago a woman called the animal control and cops tha there was a mountain lion in he backyard. They ignored her. So she called the TV news. Shortly after they showed up the government types finally showed up. Even though she had a photo they accused her of faking it. When a neighbor showed up with video they finally decided someone's pet got out.

Not being equiped for lions animal control called the Orange County animal control for help. Orange county has had lions problems, including fatal attacks for years. The "heros" arrived decided they would wait until daylight (it was full dark by then) to look for the cat. Now this was the only smart thing this bunch of incomptent folks did.

So next day the hunt was on. The "experts" couldn't track their way out of a closet with a string to the outside. Deciding the cat had gone home they left.

Now folks kep loosing pets. The rabbit, possum, coon and even rat population kept dropping. More sights were made. Finally we noticed that pets weren't being eaten and the little prey critters made a comeback. And no one saw the cat again.

Old and grumpy

Bearcat
Animal control went under a house to look for "the cat" a crazy lady said was there. Got this pic of P22. A OH C*** moment!
1666395062403.png

RSIno1

Hunter
See coyotes a lot in the early morning 4:30ish. But spotted this one at to corner a couple days ago at 1 pm. I guess the cats are chasing them out of their usual haunts. We've also had the parrots this week east bound at dawn and west at sunset a flock of 20-30 of the noise makers.

Attachments

• yote.jpg
    yote.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 8

Old and grumpy

Bearcat
Some say the parrots came with the Spanish. For a fact in the 1950s there was a garden/pet shop on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena Ca called Simpsons. It burned. Last ones out opened all the cages and the parrots and animals escaped . I remember this. Went there as a kid.

vito

Hunter
This past Sunday a mountain lion was killed on Interstate 88 near DeKalb, Illinois. They seem to be spreading everywhere, just like the coyotes.

Old and grumpy

Bearcat
Knew a girl who worked for animal control. She went on a call near the Rose Bowl about a 6 foot pigeon running in the park . Turned out to be a ostrich.

• Haha
Reactions: jyo

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
See coyotes a lot in the early morning 4:30ish. But spotted this one at to corner a couple days ago at 1 pm. I guess the cats are chasing them out of their usual haunts. We've also had the parrots this week east bound at dawn and west at sunset a flock of 20-30 of the noise makers.

So many stories as to where the parrots came from. But we have several flocks of what I think are yellow headed amazons. Beautiful birds but so noisy. They are the only birds I’ve seen push crows out of roosting sites.

LDM

Blackhawk
Parts of Detroit where all the abandoned houses have been torn down have reverted to "urban prairie" environments. Coyotes roam theses areas along with other forms of wildlife. Pheasants are even making a comeback.

jyo

Bearcat
Here in NELA (North/East Los Angeles) there are FAR TOO MANY coyotes---pets and even people walking their dogs in full daylight are stalked and threatened. The Wokies insist that ALL animals are "Threatened" and must be protected! And, they insist that "they were here first" and therefore have the "right" to be here in huge numbers, until a child is attacked then they wanna know why nobody has done anything about it! Stupidity is rampant...

Old and grumpy

Bearcat
A tip. I lived near Cal Poly Pomona . Lots of coyotes having pups behind my house. Animal control and fish and game would not help. They are the friend of the animals. I called the Department of Agriculture. They are the friend of the farmer. They sent out a trapper with a silenced Mini 14. He worked the hills in Walnut and would bag a few each week. He drove a unmarked truck and would let the cops know he was around. It helped.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Whenever the coyote population starts growing again I put out the traps. Once caught they are killed in a perfectly legal manner. I thin them out then wait for the next batch. I can’t remove them all but we don’t loose pets in my area.

Enigma

Hunter
When I lived on Yuma Proving Ground, AZ, coyotes were a daily fact of life. They were bold, and roamed the garrison area at will. A fried had a small playground adjoining his back yard, and there was an old, unused water fountain there that still had water running to it. The pipe had a small leak, and every night the coyotes came there to drink. We had mountain lions in the housing area periodically, also. Many small pets went missing, so Housing told everyone to keep their pets indoors.

Latest posts