Did you ever find a gun you thought you sold??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mine is the opposite. A couple years ago I was doing my inventory and couldn't find a Redhawk that was on my list. Looked in all the gun safes throughout the house, no luck. Looked in the all the Ruger boxes I have stored (actually lifted them to see if one was much heavier than the others (I leave the locks in the boxes, too much trouble to take them out). No luck. Sat down and thought of all the places i might have put it. Futile searches. Going nuts, I decided that I'll just sleep on it and maybe something will come to mind.

Next day the light bulb lit up. Went to my FFL A&D book. I had sold it several years prior and forgot to update my Ruger inventory. It was a 4.2" model and it really just didn't do anything for me. I had a 7.5" model before that and it just was not being shot much so I sold it and thought the 4.2 would be better.

I really wanted a 5.5" but at the time they were extremely hard to find. Well fast forward to the Oct 2019 Poulin Auction, I got my 5.5" .44 Mag Redhawk and it's not going anywhere even though I also go the FoNRA engraved 5.5" Redhawk in early March 2020. I think our FoNRA banquet was one of the last ones to be held before the beer virus hit and they shut us in.