Did the Security-Six ever come w/o adjustable sights?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
On a local trader there's a nice looking Security-Six for sale, but it doesn't have the adjustable rear sight. It says "Security-Six" plain as day on the side of the frame, but I thought they all had adjustable sights.

chet15

Hawkeye
All the fixed sight DA's that are marked "SECURITY-SIX" had a 150- prefix, and can be found from very early in the 150- clear up to the 150-9xxxx range.
Chet15

cobra357

Bearcat
ab4ka - I saw that and asked the same thing. Turns out serial number is 150-77xxx I believe. I asked the seller but I'll have to look up the email. One other thing, I have seen some negative comments about the seller changing terms and no-showing some folks. All in all though its very tempting.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
cobra357":xdw9afin said:
ab4ka - I saw that and asked the same thing. Turns out serial number is 150-77xxx I believe. I asked the seller but I'll have to look up the email. One other thing, I have seen some negative comments about the seller changing terms and no-showing some folks. All in all though its very tempting.

It's a nice looking gun but there are some flaky people on there. I've done pretty well, though. I got my Security-Six and my Single-Six off of that trader board. The guy I got my Single-Six from had (and may still have) a gorgeous stainless Security-Six with the factory target grips, but I think his price is a little high.