Did the Security-Six ever come w/o adjustable sights?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
On a local trader there's a nice looking Security-Six for sale, but it doesn't have the adjustable rear sight. It says "Security-Six" plain as day on the side of the frame, but I thought they all had adjustable sights.

sceva

Single-Sixer
When they first came out with the Service Six the frames were marked Security Six. The changed the marking not long after.

chet15

Hawkeye
All the fixed sight DA's that are marked "SECURITY-SIX" had a 150- prefix, and can be found from very early in the 150- clear up to the 150-9xxxx range.
Chet15

cobra357

Bearcat
ab4ka - I saw that and asked the same thing. Turns out serial number is 150-77xxx I believe. I asked the seller but I'll have to look up the email. One other thing, I have seen some negative comments about the seller changing terms and no-showing some folks. All in all though its very tempting.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
cobra357":xdw9afin said:
ab4ka - I saw that and asked the same thing. Turns out serial number is 150-77xxx I believe. I asked the seller but I'll have to look up the email. One other thing, I have seen some negative comments about the seller changing terms and no-showing some folks. All in all though its very tempting.

It's a nice looking gun but there are some flaky people on there. I've done pretty well, though. I got my Security-Six and my Single-Six off of that trader board. The guy I got my Single-Six from had (and may still have) a gorgeous stainless Security-Six with the factory target grips, but I think his price is a little high.

Latest posts