Did Ruger sell holsters for the Single Six in 1958

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ken's Den

Bearcat
This is my first post on here so if I am in the wrong place please point me to the correct section.

I just acquired a beautiful 3 screw Single Six that was made in 1958 and it came with a holster that is marked Ruger. There are other markings on the back that I can't make out. I can see the number 502 on the third line but can't tell what is before or after the numbers.

I was not aware that Ruger marketed holsters under there own name but that probably shows how much I don't know about Ruger.

Welcome to the Forum...and the answer is NO, Ruger didn't make any holsters, and the earliest that I recall "licensed" for sale for Rugers was the Bianchi flap holsters ,molded and made speciafically for various models of Rugers, both right and left handed, also there were some 'Buckeye' holsters made for the Buckeye Special Blackhawks of 1989 -1990, these came through John s Sporting Goods in Canton ,Ohio also known as Buckeye Sports Supply..............of course just about every holster maker made holsters that fit the various Rugers and these would have been marked on the back side, for type, make and model................
most gun makers did just that , make and build firearms, the accessories, they have sub contracted...........
today there are many such as Sportmans Guide, CDNN , Cheaper Than Dirt that sell "Ruger" marked holster, most come out of Mexico or the Phillipines, and bet there are OTHERS.........

Ken's Den

Bearcat
rugerguy said:
Welcome to the Forum...and the answer is NO, Ruger didn't make any holsters, and the earliest that I recall "licensed" for sale for Rugers was the Bianchi flap holsters ,molded and made speciafically for various models of Rugers, both right and left handed, also there were some 'Buckeye' holsters made for the Buckeye Special Blackhawks of 1989 -1990, these came through John s Sporting Goods in Canton ,Ohio also known as Buckeye Sports Supply..............of course just about every holster maker made holsters that fit the various Rugers and these would have been marked on the back side, for type, make and model................
most gun makers did just that , make and build firearms, the accessories, they have sub contracted...........
today there are many such as Sportmans Guide, CDNN , Cheaper Than Dirt that sell "Ruger" marked holster, most come out of Mexico or the Phillipines, and bet there are OTHERS.........

Thanks Dan,
This has a snap down strap but no flap and it has leather strings for tying around the leg. On the back it has three lines of print and the top line is RUGER. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would.

yes,sounds like the typical "quick draw" style from such as 'Hunter'.....
as I noted the info printed on the back is usually "make, model, barrel length"...most of these simply slid over ANY belt you wanted to use, and some came as a "set", holster, belt, cartridge loops, etc......some are relatively 'cheap' and some can cost a lot of money..........

Ken's Den

Bearcat
rugerguy said:
yes,sounds like the typical "quick draw" style from such as 'Hunter'.....
as I noted the info printed on the back is usually "make, model, barrel length"...most of these simply slid over ANY belt you wanted to use, and some came as a "set", holster, belt, cartridge loops, etc......some are relatively 'cheap' and some can cost a lot of money..........
That is probably what it is, I would call it a quick draw type. Its a nice holster and fits the gun perfectly.