Did Ruger Make a 223 RS Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I would swear I saw a picture of a Hawkeye in a RCM or carbine style in 223, like the African, but a shorter version.
What I remember was a walnut RS with a 20 inch barrel. I've searched around on the net, but haven't found one.
Have I been having dreams?
Bfly

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Yes , I remember them. Only saw pictures but wanted one. I think there might have been some in 308 also but can't say for sure.

Added...A little paragraph from the Blue Book. No mention of a .308 but that doesn't mean they don't exist. My book is going on 4 years old too.

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Think what you are looking for is a Ruger African Model 37158 M77 Hawkeye -African Express Rifle 223 Remington, they made a number of them back in about 2011/2012.

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
While I like the African, it's not the African that I thought I saw. It was more like the little tang safety 358 carbine (except in a Hawkeye configuration) that is so hard to find and crazy expensive. It looks exactly like the 308 carbine. I missed one of those on Gunbroker a little while back. Another one I'm looking for and can't seem to find. I'm guessing that somebody like Jerry's had a little batch made up.
Both the 308 and 223 in that configuration seem to me to be ideal eastern hunting rifles for those of us that like nice handling rifles with open sights, CRF and wood and walnut, but we are becoming a pretty small part of the gun buyers.
Bfly
Bfly