Did Ruger ever offer a P90DAO?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Scotter260

Bearcat
I know they offered P89s and P91s in DAO configuration but don't recall ever seeing a 90DAO.

I'll throw in a pic of my dad's P90 that I'm babysitting for a few days. A few years back my dad had a pile of garbage Daewoo DP-51 9mm that he traded for this. The dealer had this priced new at $279 I believe and allowed some insane amount on the Daewoo. I don't think my dad paid over $100 to make the trade.

P90THR.JPG

Thanks for any info,
Scott

tech4064

Bearcat
I checked Ruger's website. Looking at the serial number history, it doesn't appear they ever made the P90 in DAO.

Great gun! don't forget to feed it while your dad is away :mrgreen:

Scotter260

Bearcat
Thank you for checking into it although I'm disappointed in the response. Is the 97 then the only Ruger .45 DAO option or can the 345 be had in DAO?

BTW, it shall be fed. I've got an extra Winny VP that has its name on it. It's one of those pistols that does the shooting for you (I love those!).

Thanks again,
Scott

Scotter260

Bearcat
Thank you for checking into it although I'm disappointed in the response. Is the 97 then the only Ruger .45 DAO option or can the 345 be had in DAO?

BTW, it shall be fed. I've got an extra Winny VP that has its name on it. It's one of those pistols that does the shooting for you (I love those!).

Thanks again,
Scott

tech4064

Bearcat
It seems the P97 was the only DAO .45acp Ruger ever made. The P97 is another great gun if you can find one.

GhosT

Blackhawk
Scott,
Ya blew me away with
"I know they offered P89s and P91s in DAO configuration"

My P91 is my favorite............( a STRAIGHT DA)

HAD NO IDEA...and picturing my P91 as a DAO....
Hope they made and sold few.

My P91, love...if it was a DAO...woulda never wasted the cash!

I hate adding this pic,
A BIG TOE SHOWS UP...lol

100_9023.jpg

The Top gun...
A P91..
Both the single and double action triggers....
ADMIT with Practice....kicks ass for me!.

ZERO insult or a shot to any that prefer DAO guns.......
I just never got why limit yerself?

Scotter260

Bearcat
I used to despise DAOs also but have really come to appreciate them. My first experience, unless you consider Glocks DAOs, was with a close-out P93DAO that I purchased for my wife. It's extremely smooth, accurate and simple, like a Glock. I've also taken the time to learn how to run revolvers which adds to the appreciation of this configuration.

Many years before this, when I too considered DAOs to be blasphemy, I recall seeing P91DAOs on close-out from CDNN I believe. If I recall correctly they were in the low $200s brand new. P91s were appealing to me at the time but I felt a DAO was somehow less of a pistol than its DA/SA counterpart so I passed. I've definitely changed my tune and wish I'd purchased one.

Thanks for the replies and pics are always appreciated whether your appendages are included or not,
Scott

Scotter260

Bearcat
Just in case someone was looking. I'm having a hard time not putting in a bid myself.

No connection to the seller, just wanted to post it up as they aren't a dime a dozen.

Scott

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
GhosT":13luos55 said:
ZERO insult or a shot to any that prefer DAO guns.......
I just never got why limit yerself?

Same here. Kinda funny. I bought my P90 over a 1911 type because I wanted the decocker & DA first round option, though I don't carry it and wouldn't even consider a DAO semi.

Scotter260

Bearcat
rugerfreak":20mwkamy said:
The DAO fad has come and gone over 10 years ago.

I don't know about that, it seems that the M&P and Glock are still popular. Some of us simpletons get downright flabbergasted at pistols that have all them levers on them.

The P91DAO on GB went for $230 plus $30 for shipping BTW.

Scott

Latest posts