Did I do ok?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
I have a post on here about a 22lr my wife was gonna get me for Easter, we went today and got something I have been wanting a long time but it's not a revolver. My wife said after we went to the shop to pick whatever I wanted up to $500. We are on such a tight budget I have no idea how she saved that much, must have took a while. I decided on an auto and they had two Rugers and one S&W. The S&W was the victory but was $475 otd and I passed on it, the one Ruger was a Mark 3 22/45 target with about 3-4 inch barrel used and had case for $300 otd, the other Ruger was a brand new Ruger Mark 4 22/45 with 5-6 inch barrel for $400 otd. I bought the new Ruger Mark 4 22/45, I still want a birds head Wrangler but it can wait as I love this new gun. This is my first Ruger auto handgun, did I do ok on price and what do I need to know about this gun from owners of it now. How well do you like yours? thanks for any help.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
In today's market, I'd say that was fine.
IMO, you got the optimal barrel length. It will cycle virtually any ammo you have/get,
and the sight radius is very good for accuracy.

I do not know if this will apply, but run a full box of "good" ammo through it to start with.
I got an SR22P a decade or so ago, and it leaded up like mad. Cleaned it, and cleaned
it and cleaned it, until the leading was removed. NEVER a problem since. - - - My guess
is that they ran some el-cheap-o ammo to test fire it (I'll bet they learned not to do that)
and it started the leading. As I said, ZERO problems after cleaning the heck out of it the
first time. ;-)

Wanna trade in your wife? :) ;-) :)

contender

Ruger Guru
Of the 3 guns you mentioned,, you chose, what in my humble opinion, was the best choice.
As mentioned, break it in, clean it, and it'll outlast you. They are excellent guns.

So, "You did good!"

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
Does the mark 4 22/45 have any type of bolt buffer?, I have a 10/22 and replaced the buffer in it with synthetic. thanks