Diamond in the rough!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
I shoot a lot and am very active at my local rifle club. Meet a lot of great people. Needless to say that I do a LOT of trading and selling. Recently I was shooting with a friend who had a revolver he wanted to get rid of.

I started eyeing over his unwanted item...."You must know up front that it has been modified to shoot only .38 wadcutters" he says. I told him that I am a reloader and that is what I am already shooting in all my .38s. He said he only wanted to get back the money he has into it....we agreed on a price that I will not divulge :)

Did some research and it turned out to be a little more than a run of the mill revolver.

------------------------------------------
(Click picture for larger)

------------------------------------------

Turns out that I am the proud owner of a S&W Model 10 - full bore custom PPC race gun that, according to a couple of experts I know was made by none other than one of the best pistol smiths that has ever lived Travis Strahan!!
Strahan's shop is actually only a couple of miles down the street from where I work so I am actually planning on dropping by soon and verifying that it is his work.

Not to rub it in, but to prove that there are still some "diamonds in the rough" to be found if you keep your eyes and ears open.

tek4260

Buckeye
I had a Strahan once that looked just like that!! Of course, you know the rest of the story...... :(

Does yours have the short stroke parts inside?

Bought another PPC gun from the same guy that was marked "1982 Bianchi Cup" It had the names of several gunsmiths engraved on it. Bill Davis Custom Model I think? Had Fred Wells too maybe? A few others as well.

I didn't like the DAO and sold them for about $200 each when I figured out they were too modified for me to be able to put some factory parts back in and return them to DA/SA. Of course, Id still sell em... just try to get $400 instead of asking $200 :twisted:

Snake45

Hawkeye
I was wondering what made it "wadcutters only" until I saw the length of the cylinder. :shock: