Deluxe Mini

Help Support Ruger Forum:

welder

Buckeye
I believe that's ambitious pricing, at least for me. Richbaker, I agree on the AR. 679.00 was really pushing it for my tactical, and I had to blink on that one.

Sig685

Single-Sixer
It's the Circassian walnut that is pushing the seller to ask for a higher price. I think circassian walnut is wasted on a Mini-14 since all the folks who want to buy one are looking for bargain basement prices. They should put circassian walnut on M77, not Mini-14s.

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
Surprised it comes with a 30 rounder and flash hider.

Street price will be $100 to $200 less than that.

Richbaker

Blackhawk
Sig685":y72cry1j said:
It's the Circassian walnut that is pushing the seller to ask for a higher price. I think circassian walnut is wasted on a Mini-14 since all the folks who want to buy one are looking for bargain basement prices. They should put circassian walnut on M77, not Mini-14s.

$999 is Ruger's MSRP..... and I agree.

chet15

Hawkeye
So what in the heck is the catalog number for the circassian stocked Mini-14? Have searched Davidsons, RF, Ruger's website...nothing gives the catalog number of this gun.

Same goes for Davidson's Circassian stocked 10/22 Sporter. What's the catalog number?

Chet15

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Chad, I bought one of the Davidsons 10/22's called the Classic 3 with circassion stock if thats the one you are talking about. The catalog number on that is 10/22 RB-C111.

chet15

Hawkeye
JCW64":3f8ldnkr said:
Chad, I bought one of the Davidsons 10/22's called the Classic 3 with circassion stock if thats the one you are talking about. The catalog number on that is 10/22 RB-C111.

Nope that's not it. I think the Classic III has what is described as a French Walnut stock.
The gun I am referring to looks just like a stainless 10/22 with checkered "Sporter" style stock, except is made of Circassian Walnut.
Chet15

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Seen nicer laminates for a lot less. $1000 bucks for a mini?
Nah. It will still shoot 4 inch groups at 100 yards with Walnut, Oak, or Pine tree.

chet15

Hawkeye
OK, back to the question. Does anybody know what Ruger's catalog numbers are for the Davidson's Circassiaon Stocked stainless 10/22 Sporter and the Circassian Stocked Mini-14? Also need to know what Ruger's model numbers are on both of those.
Thanks!
Chet15

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
Lloyd Smale":1xvukyw9 said:
why would anyone waste a good piece of circassian on a battle rifle! Its about like putting chrome rims and big tires on a mini van!

It's a matter of taste just like anything else. There are those that wouldn't call a Mini-14 a "battle rifle."

RonS

Single-Sixer
That walnut may be from the Circasian region, but it sure doesn't look it, I expect wood like on the M77 Magnum with color and figure. Plus, if you are going to put deluxe wood on a rifle, why the flash hider etc? Hello, sporter, tacticool, two different markets. Put the old blade sight on it, polish and blue it and add walnut, that at least makes sense.

Latest posts