deleted

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
keep checking GunBroker. They turn up occasionally. Be ready to spend $ though. They're generally the highest priced priced models from this series. I've seen 'em up in the $600-700 range. Got one, but it remains tucked away awaiting my son's takeover.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
rong":24ly3dla said:
isn't 900 way too much

All depends on the individual and how much that person wants it. Only YOU can decide if it's too much for you to spend.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
My new favorite saying: "It didn't cost too much, you just bought it too early." $900 might be a bit high right now. 2 years from now it'll probably be the "normal" price. Will you still want one in 2 years? Will you have found one for $700 in the mean time? Will it have been worth the wait?

Honestly, $200 "extra" would be pushing it for me, too, but I have been known to pay a more than rock bottom, if I really wanted an item.

-- Sam

Aggie01

Blackhawk
I gave $400 cash for one and sent it off to become a .475...

I couldn't find anyone who would swap me a .45 where it didn't end up costing me money.

I kept the cylinder and barrel tho. I'm plotting on em, but no offcial designs as yet.

rong

Bearcat
Thanks for all your replies
folks especially you Sam.
This gun has been posted twice
and if it's posted again I'll
prolly pull the trigger.
ron

Valman

Bearcat
I bought one when they first appeared because to me the .41 Mag is about the best of the big bores. The pistol looked great but had about as rough an action as a suicide special and as usual the rosewood grips were finished way too oversized for my smallish hand, especially at the upper part of the grip frame. I sent it back to the factory to have the action smoothed and it came back much better. Shoots great, and after trimming the grips down to blend with the grip frame it's one of my favorites. I still prefer the balance of the .45 Colt 7 1/2" blued Bisley. For some reason, no doubt the extra metal in barrel and cylinder, the ss 5 1/2" seems heavier and bulkier. Still, it's a keeper.