Deerfield magazine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roninmd

Bearcat
I recently purchasched a Deerfield rifle, it is at least 95% it cost me $290.00 out the door.

I want to get some extra magazines for it but I'm totally confused on which one to get. The magazine that came with the rifle has no markings or part number on it.

From anothet post I have found that it was made in 1997.

How do I find the correct part number of the magazine to use in it?

Thanks,

Ron In MD

roninmd

Bearcat
Jimbo357mag":2aomepb3 said:
I got one from Midway cheaper than from Ruger.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=867055

Just order a 99/44 Deerfield magazine. :D

Here is the magazine at the RugerStore online. For some reason it is listed under the bolt-action rifles? :roll:

http://shopruger.com/Deerfield-Carbine- ... nfo/90186/

...Jimbo

THANKS Jimbo. As for the magazine in the RugerStore, no wonder I couldn't find it, I didn't look in the bolt action section.

Ron In MD

roninmd

Bearcat
rugerjunkie":1e3vhyks said:
Same mag as a 77/44? Might be why it's in the bolt section...

According to the owners manual that I just found online the magazine for the 96/44 Lever Action and the 77/44 Bolt Action magazines will NOT fit into the Deerfield.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
OK. I figured with Ruger having so many parts that interchange that it was a possibility. I have a pile of 77/44 mags but I guess I'll need more if I ever get a Deerfield.

roninmd

Bearcat
rugerjunkie":cguvv3e2 said:
OK. I figured with Ruger having so many parts that interchange that it was a possibility. I have a pile of 77/44 mags but I guess I'll need more if I ever get a Deerfield.

Of course you will, Ruger designed that way, they know what their doing.

mattsbox99

Hunter
The mags for the 77/44 and Deerfield are the same... take a look, they say 77/44 Deerfield on them. The 96/44s are different.

I'd venture to say they have them listed in the bolt section since they make the 77/44 while the 99/44 is discontinued.

Great price on that Deerfield! They go for about $700 on Gunbroker.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
I don't keep the mags separate for my 77/44 and deerfield no problems they all work in either gun. The 96/44 is a totally different magazine. I don't know why but originally the mags were not labeled.But all current production mags are labeled 77/44-deerfield. Even on Rugers website if view the deerfield magazine in the shop section you can clearly see it labeled as 77/44-deerfield.

http://shopruger.com/Deerfield-Carbine- ... nfo/90186/

roninmd

Bearcat
mattsbox99, mike7mm08:

THANKS for the info.

The markings or lack there of on the magazine had me totally confused. Glad to know that 77/44 DEERFIELD magazines will work. I ordered 3 on GunBroker for $80.00 including shipping.

I really wasn't in the market for this rifle. Just happened into a pawn shop looking for something else when I noticed the rifle on the rack. I asked to look at it and inquired about the price, the saleman said "Today cash only $275.00 plus tax out the door". I couldn't say no at that offer.

I posted that from I found that the rifle was made in 1997 but now I've read that the Deerfields were't introduced until 2000. The serial # is
630-0XXXX.

Ron In MD