Deeper in debt...NEW Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KIR

Sparks, NV
Not really complaining as I can afford a little debt. Anyways, after purchasing my second Browning Hi-Power 'C' series 9 mm about a month ago, my oldest son's B-day came up and I thought about the Single Six I gave him a couple of years ago. He was 60 by the way, so you know I am old. When he was 13, I loaded my Ruger (mfg. 1967 and only cost me $78) with blanks and gave it to him to shoot. Naturally, I teased him about not being able to hit the broad side of a barn and then I re-loaded it and with one shot hit two cans two feet apart. Still don't know how that happened. Anyways we had a good laugh over the blanks. Like I said I gave him that old Single Six a couple of years ago after he asked me for it as it brought back a great memory for him. I have missed that gun as I much preferred shooting .22 Magnums out of it. I am not much of a .22 LR kinda guy. So yesterday, I was at one of my LGS and saw a Single Six with the additional .22 Mag cylinder, for only $300 bucks. It looked in good shape, despite not being very clean. I went ahead and charged it, took it home, cleaned and lubed it. Anxious to get out to shoot it. It did not come with the original box, but the extra cylinder did come in the little red pouch inside a small box. The mag. cylinder on the gun has been worn a bit, as one can see by the picture, but I can live with it.

Attachments

• Ruger New Model Single Six .22LR-.22 Mag 002.JPG
    Ruger New Model Single Six .22LR-.22 Mag 002.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 200

KIR

Sparks, NV
Thank you one and all. My son was surprised when I told him I bought it as he thought I was looking for a Colt "1908" in .380 acp, which I am/are! That one, I think has the most beautiful lines for any pistol.

KIR

Sparks, NV
Now for a holster. I looked online after I saw one, but was unable to find the specific model. An LGS had an Tagua 1836 holster for my Ruger Single Six .22/.22 Mag in a beautiful ambidextrous, not quite black, but perhaps Cordovan? They wanted $80. They had three of them for the different barrel lengths. Gotta find out what my son is getting me for my B-day next month.