Deep carry cutie.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

harley08

Blackhawk
Recently acquired this little S&W Bodyguard M38 Airweight, 1987 production. It is a cutie, had to get it.:)

View attachment 3897
The last Smith and Wesson airweight I had blew up in my hand. S & W Customer Service would not do ant thing about it. Screw S&W!
Do not but from them.
Smith and Wesson sucks!
Rocko Rizzo

harley08

Blackhawk
Snake,
I had a .357 S & W airweight revolver. I loaded ii up with .38 specials that I have used in my other .38 revolver. When I fired it, it blew up in my hand.
I sent it to S & W, they sent it back and said they could not / would not help me!
Rocko

Snake Pleskin

Banned
Snake,
I had a .357 S & W airweight revolver. I loaded ii up with .38 specials that I have used in my other .38 revolver. When I fired it, it blew up in my hand.
I sent it to S & W, they sent it back and said they could not / would not help me!
Rocko
I ask because, most airweights are only rated for std loads. I have never heard of a .357 airweight until recently iwth newer models using titanium etc. What model was it? Original early airweights, the first ones , had an aluminum cylinder, and should never be shot! The newer Smiths have a 640(?) model with a Titanium cylinder, that can handle .357, but i do not know of any older ones? They must of had some reason for not wanting to help? That is a very unusual occurrence, especially in a 'complete failure". They would not say no with out a reason? Whether it was a good reason or not, who knows?

Last edited:

harley08

Blackhawk
It was a .357 (that is not a standard load.) I was firing .38 specials. I looked at what S&W said - 'Defect in workmanship. Please send $537.00 for a new one.'
Sure, Right away LOL

Snake Pleskin

Banned
It was a .357 (that is not a standard load.) I was firing .38 specials. I looked at what S&W said - 'Defect in workmanship. Please send $537.00 for a new one.'
Sure, Right away LOL
That makes absolutely no sense. if it was a defect in workmanship, that is a factory fault? Ther is not way they should ask you to pay for it? Again, what model was it? Were there any modifications to the firearm made that S&W could have used as an excuse to not fix it under warranty?

harley08

Blackhawk
Model 360J
It could not be fixed. It would have had to be replaced.
The cylinder is cracked + the top of the frame is gone.
Rocko

gcf

Bearcat
This is probably the fifth or sixth one I have owned. Won't go away anytime soon! Would like to find an open top hi-ride belt holster for outside the pocket carry too.
Talk to Sam Andrews - Andrews Custom. His j-frame Saddle Style is hands down the most comfortable OWB holster I own. Conceals well, & presents effortlessly too.

David Lee Valdina

Single-Sixer
I really like the Model 49 I have, it shoots well and is easy to carry. I wish S&W would make a new run of the same gun in .32 H&R Mag. The J-Frame S&W in that caliber are very hard to find and very pricy. I have a Model 332 but would like another, but in Stainless steel.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I really like the Model 49 I have, it shoots well and is easy to carry. I wish S&W would make a new run of the same gun in .32 H&R Mag. The J-Frame S&W in that caliber are very hard to find and very pricy. I have a Model 332 but would like another, but in Stainless steel.
If they made one in .327 fed mag I would be interested. probably fit 6 rds too!

That's a beauty! Every time I see a Bodyguard it reminds me of an old TN gas station attendant around '75. He pulled a blued Bodyguard out of his pocket and said he was ready for anybody, like so many were. TN didn't issue carry permission slips until '96 LOL
And now you don't need one in TN! I still have my enhanced lifetime