Decent price for used Tactical Mini?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jimmy

Bearcat
The local gun shop has a used, blue, 580-series Mini-14 Tactical (M-14/20GBCPC) for sale. It's been fired very little and appears to be in perfect condition. No box or manual, but it comes with two Ruger factory 20-round magazines. Price is $699, non-negotiable, as the gun is on consignment and the owner won't go any lower.

A Tactical Mini is high on my wish list. But I have no idea what these guns usually go for and would appreciate any info as to whether or not this is a decent price.

TIA.

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
I've seen a couple new for $685. I certainly would pay more than $700 for a new one.
The two new Tactical Mini's haven't been out very long, so I don't think they'd be too much cheaper.
I saw a used Govt. model with 16in barrel, flash hider and bayonet lug for $799. Not sure if that a good price for a Govt. model, I've heard they're great though. The gun shop I saw it at is hit or miss in terms of prices. Got my LCP there for $265, but they were charging $770 for the new Mini 14 ATI Tactical at the time so I got mine elsewhere for $685.

felix cortinas

Bearcat
I just bought the same mini 14 tactical you describe for $600 plus tax (I do buy a lot of guns from my dealer though......OOOPS, I just let big brother know) there is another dealer in the area that has the same rifle on his website for $745. you can get them a whole lot cheaper, they aint been out too long so I cant see paying what your dealer wants. shop around, www.gunsamerica.com , able ammo, impact guns for a good idea of what they are going for. by the way, I love my Mini 14 Tactical, Iput a Ultradot red dot on it and I am slaying the hell out of hogs and coyotes with it. :)