Deal or No Deal, Super Single Six style

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ian03

Single-Sixer
Super Single Six convertible with both cylinders, in original box, marked NR-5. Adjustable sights, very light wear, looks mint. Has the transfer bar, don't know if it's a converted model or not? Serial # 62-0572x. $250 out the door. I wanted a stainless one but I think this deal is too good to pass up right? Previous owner has painted front sight white but other than that it's in excellent condition.

I put a 7 day hold on it so I have some time to think about it. I need something to keep my Vaquero company.

chet15

Hawkeye
DEAL!
Check out ebay to see what 2-piece boxes go for these days ($70 to $100), so that's a bonus for you! If the box is numbered to the gun, it should be a two-piece box left over from the Old Model days and will have a white label covering the entire end with the NR5 info printed on it.
Chet15

ian03

Single-Sixer
chet15":12lvfnu3 said:
DEAL!
Check out ebay to see what 2-piece boxes go for these days ($70 to $100), so that's a bonus for you! If the box is numbered to the gun, it should be a two-piece box left over from the Old Model days and will have a white label covering the entire end with the NR5 info printed on it.
Chet15

It is a 2 piece box, no number on it though that I recall? Serial number was hand written on the side of the box. The end with the sticker was taped over and a strip was removed, it isn't too pretty. I'm going to pick it up anyway though, I want a convertible Single Six and it's very nice. I'll post pics this weekend.

ian03

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":1g0dwtjd said:
You gotta stay out of KTP like I do. :lol:

So I go in and buy a 10/22 and ask one of the guys who knows me if all the stuff that got traded in this weekend was out yet. He shows me 2 SWEET convertibles, one a 45 and one a 357/9, both non-converted, in original boxes with the cylinders in the bag and box. Nice stuff, then he showed me the single six, and I had to have it.

ian03

Single-Sixer
chet15":39p3k8nt said:
What did they have on the two OM convertibles?
Chet15

Didn't ask on the 45 but they priced the 357/9 at $425.

ian03

Single-Sixer
chet15":1xvzyxar said:
What did they have on the two OM convertibles?
Chet15

Sorry, the first one he pulled out was a beautiful .30 carbine in the box, box was nice, didn't even obther looking it over as it's a caliber I have no experience with. I forgot to mention this earlier as I only glanced at it.

ian03

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":1h16xedx said:
I think I might need togo there sooner than this weekend.

Which guys do you know? James and David were the two showing them to me, I don't think the guns are "on the floor" yet. The guns are still under the counter.

ian03

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":2jvf4v5l said:
I think I might need togo there sooner than this weekend.

Shoot me an email or PM when you go, I'd love to meet a fellow Ruger guy, plus it's another excuse to see what KTP has.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I usually try and see Bob. Another older gentleman I'll look for if he's not there. A couple younger guys there seem useless and just there to fondle guns and expound their "knowledge". :lol: The kid that's there, that must be someone manager's kid is the worst IMO. Arrogant , and seems to try and be the arrogant boss. I've set him straight on Rugers a few times. One time, I'm sure it was this kid that mis-marked a Davidson's edition Vaquero. During my NICS check, I mentioned that it was mis-marked and this kid went frantic trying to disprove me with the BlueBook. He was NOT happy when the clerk helping me, whom I've dealt with a bunch told him he'd be best to just listen to what I was saying. Have mentioned their errors one more than that occasion. The kid was not happy and won't offer a greeting now.

ian03

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":2e9svpm1 said:
I usually try and see Bob. Another older gentleman I'll look for if he's not there. A couple younger guys there seem useless and just there to fondle guns and expound their "knowledge". :lol: The kid that's there, that must be someone manager's kid is the worst IMO. Arrogant , and seems to try and be the arrogant boss. I've set him straight on Rugers a few times. One time, I'm sure it was this kid that mis-marked a Davidson's edition Vaquero. During my NICS check, I mentioned that it was mis-marked and this kid went frantic trying to disprove me with the BlueBook. He was NOT happy when the clerk helping me, whom I've dealt with a bunch told him he'd be best to just listen to what I was saying. Have mentioned their errors one more than that occasion. The kid was not happy and won't offer a greeting now.

I know exactly who you mean, we've done battle before, he's alright once you get to know him. If you head over, they are in the drawers under the trade in counter. I don't think they officially get priced and put out until tomorrow. The single six is coming home with me, the centerfire guns are all available for your choosing sir.

chet15

Hawkeye
ian03":132pg8pd said:
Didn't ask on the 45 but they priced the 357/9 at $425.

If boxed that's not a bad deal. Will be even a better deal if it doesn't have a 30- or 31- prefix - rare, rare, rare!
Chet15

mattsbox99

Hunter
KTP is a very cool store, when I went to college in Maine I used to stop in there when I'd go to Mass with friends. I was too poor to buy anything, but it was cool to look.

flatgate

Hawkeye
ian03":epdbk0cq said:
Super Single Six convertible with both cylinders, in original box, marked NR-5. Has the transfer bar, don't know if it's a converted model or not? Serial # 62-0572x.

It's a kinda early New Model with two pins and not three screws. Therefore it was designed and built with a transfer bar.

They are indeed good shooters!

flatgate

Acorn

Buckeye
We stopped in KTP a few years ago while on vacation. It's a good thing I don't live near there. I'd be broke AND divorced. Wow! They have nicest used gun selection I've ever drooled over.
Sorry for the thread drift.