Day at the Range

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
It decided to NOT rain yesterday, so I grabbed a few rifles and drove a short piece, to the gravel pit at mile 5 of the spur road..
I was going to test a QD mount, that I had mounted on my 10/22, as well as a simmons Red Dot, that I had laying around..
The QD mount worked better than expected.. Video will be coming..
But the best part was verifying the zero on my beloved Savage 99, (Jennifer)....The place I am staying this summer, not only has chickens, but bee hives as well. A black bear comes through every so often. The dogs keep it pushed far enough out, but the need to remove it, may still need to happen. I wanted my favorite rifle to be on the job... Here she is.. My 99C in .308...
I had forgotten how awesome that trigger is.... It really took me by surprise,that first round...
And yes.. Anthony Hopkijs was right.. Ironng boards do make good bench rests!! (probably the most accurate thing about the movie...)

Attachments

• savage99 1 reduced.jpg
    savage99 1 reduced.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 39

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
One regret, was that I never ended up with a BLR in 308 as well...... But I believe the 99 was my first true love...
I never really cared for the long action version of the BLR tho...

My 1st Deer rifle was an old perch belly stocked Savage 99 TD in .250/3000, bought it in 1970 for $65.00 used. Never had a Deer go more than 50 yards most dropped in their tracks when shot.
Sold it and bought a Remington 788 in .308 when they first came out, I liked the rifle but man I wish I still had that 99.
Best
Terry