Davidson, Ruger MKII NRA Engraved William B. Ruger Endowment Model 00169 red grips new in original box never shot mint condition worth?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ed D

Bearcat
Davidson, Ruger MKII NRA Engraved William B. Ruger Endowment Model 00169 red grips in original box never shot in mint condition worth?

Davidson, Ruger MKII NRA Engraved William B. Ruger Endowment Model 00169 red grips in original box never shot in mint condition worth?

Until recently these could be had for $375-400 mint along with the 50th Anniversary model. This last spring the NRA model has jumped to as high as $650-700 for those willing to pay that with the Anniversary model trailing closely behind.

I'm still holding out for a NIB at the old price ;)

Ed D

Bearcat
Until recently these could be had for $375-400 mint along with the 50th Anniversary model. This last spring the NRA model has jumped to as high as $650-700 for those willing to pay that with the Anniversary model trailing closely behind.

I'm still holding out for a NIB at the old price ;)
I talked to Ruger & they couldn't tell me how many were made & refered me to there publisher of there catalog & he said he was at the benefit along with one of the biggest collecter in the country I contacted him & he doesn't know either HUH??? Thanks for answering

Ed D

Bearcat
Serials on the model 00169 range from,

NRA-00001 to NRA-23572

So there's a bunch of them ;)
All not the same the red grips with engraved endowment NRA told me they couldn't tell me how many of that SN were made & Davidson said they didn't know either, Said made for that benefit where they got theirs SKU 10201788 on the box

Not sure what you're referring too. They all have the engraved NRA "Endowment" at the top of the pistol. By red grips, if your referring to the stained wood, half checkered grips with the red eagle on them, those are ruger grips, but not even sure they were availble in 2003. They can be bought on Ruger's website. These are the grips that now come standard on the Mark IV Hunter series (Talo 5.5" blued version as well). There is one of the NRA Mark IIs on GB right now with these grips. It's been up there for a long time, it keeps getting relisted when the auction expires. No one's has been bidding on it.

I have seen a version of the 00169 with the NRA Endowment rollmark/engraving being gold filled, but it also had the white grips.

Ed D

Bearcat
Not sure what you're referring too. They all have the engraved NRA "Endowment" at the top of the pistol. By red grips, if your referring to the stained wood, half checkered grips with the red eagle on them, those are ruger grips, but not even sure they were availble in 2003. They can be bought on Ruger's website. These are the grips that now come standard on the Mark IV Hunter series (Talo 5.5" blued version as well). There is one of the NRA Mark IIs on GB right now with these grips. It's been up there for a long time, it keeps getting relisted when the auction expires. No one's has been bidding on it.

I have seen a version of the 00169 with the NRA Endowment rollmark/engraving being gold filled, but it also had the white grips.
red grips with red circle with silver eagle, unlike others Sorry to bother you Thanks

hittman

Staff member
Seems to me in 99% of the cases, anything made and marketed as commemorative or anniversary are made in big numbers and often don't hold their value. The 50th Anniversary single actions come to mind.

The NRA MKII had white plastic grips with the red eagle. have one setting is my safe right now.
Ruger NRA MKII.jpg

red grips with red circle with silver eagle, unlike others Sorry to bother you Thanks
Oh it's no bother at all, love talking about the Ruger standard/mark pistols. And after Chet15's post, it looks like the few pistols that I've seen like that, as well as the one on GB right now, are indeed the Endowment pistols you are referring to. 🙂

yes, like Ed noted above the medallion is actually a' red' background around a silver eagle, they started this in 1999 with the 50th anniversary semi auto 22, put the same medallion on the bottom of the magazines.......:cool:;)

The first Ruger auto to have the red background with silver eagle medallion was the Standard Signature Series automatic in 1982. This was also the first stainless steel version of the .22 Automatic Pistol.

stainless.jpg

Actually the first production stainless was the last of the MKIs. See picture.

As for the red background grip/magazine logos, they did in fact start with a sliver "chrome" eagle but later transitioned to a gray painted eagle.

Attachments

• Stainless.jpg
    Stainless.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 59
Actually the first production stainless was the last of the MKIs. See picture.

As for the red background grip/magazine logos, they did in fact start with a sliver "chrome" eagle but later transitioned to a gray painted eagle.
Um, the pistol in my post is a stainless Standard, and is the same as the stainless Standard model (RST-4 S) that is in your picture, except with a different serial.

Ruger never produced a Mark I in stainless.