Dan Wesson CBob

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
I had a Dan Wesson Commander Classic Bobtail .45 but I sold it to a buddy. I found another one last Wednesday at a local gunshop with a price of $1250. I asked to take a look at it because DW has stopped making the CBob for 2010. They were always hard to find and now they're almost impossible to find.

The salesman said he'd sell the brand new CBob for $1000.

I went home and put my pristine Sig P220 up for sale on the Sig Forum and sold it. Then I went back to the gunshop and bought the CBob.

It's an awesome gun. The combination of the weight of the stainless steel frame, the Ed Brown Bobtail mainspring housing, and the 4 1/4" barrel are fantastic!

The trigger pull is perfection. The Trijicon night sights (green dot up front, yellow dots in the rear) are so easy to use.

It feels so good to be back in the COTEP fold with a Dan Wesson CBob again that I just had to share!

DWCBOB008.jpg

DWCBOB012.jpg

DWCBOB014.jpg

DWCBOB015.jpg

DWCBOB002.jpg

The reason I sold my first CBob was because I already had a Colt Combat Elite 1911 that my father had given to me before he passed away. After I sold my first CBob, I had an Ed Brown Bobtail mainspring housing installed on my Colt. It just didn't feel right after shooting the CBob.

So now I have both and I'm happy....

DWCBOB019.jpg

-Steve

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Congrats! They're great guns. Nice pictures, too.

IMG_1344Small.jpg

BTW, did you catch the "replacement" for the CBOB? It's the V-BOB in the Valor line, with a $2200 MSRP!!!

You did great on yours, btw. I've had mine a couple of years, and I think I paid what you did!

-- Sam

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Yours looks great! Yeah, I sure did catch the price increase! That's what put me over the top to buy this CBob for such a good deal!

Knuckles

Buckeye
I got one in 10mm... I got laid-off last summer and had to sell it before I even had a chance to try it out.

Here she was... :cry:

CBOB002.jpg

CBOB004.jpg

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
I love mine too...you got a great price on it. I think that I will have to pick up a 2010 DW even with the price increase. They still sound like a good value when compared to Brown, Baer, etc...

2157051160055011840S600x600Q85.jpg