cylinder locking problem on my LCR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

madwill

Bearcat
hi, i joined this forum to see if any one has had a problem with an LCR like i am having with mine. the locking pin sticks in the push rod and turns out of position making it impossible to push the cylinder back in place until i have manually turned the pin to the proper side. i have only put 50 rounds through it, have not disassembled it, and only have brushed and swabbed the barrel to clean it. i have contacted Ruger customer service but i wanted to see if this problem has come up on any other LCRs

nn

Single-Sixer
I'm confused after looking at the manual; do you mean the ejector turns so it does not go back in place on the cylinder? Is not the locking pin spring loaded and protrudes through the ejector?
Anyway, no it has not happened here.

madwill

Bearcat
nn":2he8gdvy said:
I'm confused after looking at the manual; do you mean the ejector turns so it does not go back in place on the cylinder? Is not the locking pin spring loaded and protrudes through the ejector?

it's the small pin located under the barrel that locks into the pushrod. see how it's beveled on one side? sometime it catches in the push rod as the cylinder turns and when the cylinder is pushed out it is turned around to the opposite side which is not beveled and bars the cylinder from being returned to it's proper position.

nn

Single-Sixer
madwill":2paseqsw said:
nn":2paseqsw said:

it's the small pin located under the barrel that locks into the pushrod. see how it's beveled on one side? sometime it catches in the push rod as the cylinder turns and when the cylinder is pushed out it is turned around to the opposite side which is not beveled and bars the cylinder from being returned to it's proper position.
Front latch pin and I have not heard of anyone else having that issue.

madwill

Bearcat
mohavesam":79j819bc said:
What types and quantities of ammunition have you run through it?

125gr semi jacketed hollow points 38+p, 20 rounds and 130gr full metal jacket 38 special , 25 rounds. it was after the last 5 on the 130 gr. it will do it even when dry-firing