Cylinder interchange question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BAMA45

Bearcat
Will the cylinders on the 45 colt and 45 auto new vaquero birdshead interchange ? If they will, where to buy extra cylinders. Thanks.

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

Blackhawk
Be sure to specify a cylinder for a "New Vaquero" model, the original Vaquero cylinder is larger and not interchangeable with your gun. Also specify the length of your cylinder.
Placing an ad here is your best bet in finding what you need.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I definitely agree with Will Terry's reply. There's a lot to it. Way more than just if the cylinder "fits" within the cylinder frame's "window" or not.

The vast majority of firearms producers would reply with a "no way" unless the factory had their hands in the deal.

JMHO,

flatgate

dakota1911

Buckeye
I asked this question already and was told Ruger did not fit the second cylinder anymore. Then I remembered it is the intergoogle and 50% of what you hear is crap. Too late for the gun I was thinking about. Next time call Ruger. Do not listen to the intergoogle.

as noted, BEST bet is give them a call and find out the "order of the day", seems they do things differently at different times , for different folks, you just never know at any given time...maybe it's the "phases" of the moon or some such. Never say never , and never say always :roll:
Basically it is "like models", ( as well as eras) as to interchangability .......... :wink:

huntinguy

Bearcat
I asked a couple years ago about getting a 45ACP fitted to a 45 Colt and Ruger told me, "if the gun came with the cylinder they would replace it. If it did not they would not fit one." I think it has to do with the caliber stamp on the frame and Rugers liability worries.

Latest posts