CYL PIN QUESTIOIN

Help Support Ruger Forum:

30calpal

Bearcat
I noticed that the cyl pin has a spring and plunger in the tip. Mine is very weak. Is there an after-market replacement with a stronger spring or can mine be fitted with a stronger spring? Is that desirable? It seems to me that a little extra 'bump' on the cyl pin to help move it out and away would make it easier to grab and faster to remove the cyl.

sorry, but the ONLY reason for that pin & spring is to put pressure on the transfer bar and keep it clear of the firing pin extension in the rear...NOT for making it easier to remove from the gun............ :wink:

30calpal

Bearcat
Thanks Dan, as you can see from my frequent posts, I'm trying to learn about SA's as fast as I can.

oh you'll catch on, easy for lots of us as we been doing it since the mid 1960s, as well as having worked on them almost that long too...BUT we still learn and find out NEW stuff every day............so just go ahead and ASK.........lots of folks here who have done, seen and tried MOST of it, and like to share...gotta try and save YOU, time & money.........