Help Support Ruger Forum:

newrugersafan

Single-Sixer
I sent this off
DSC01807.jpg

to become this
44Special005-1.jpg

1af27fa2-b883-4506-82c6-821b4aa58a31_zps448c726d.jpg

Thanks for the chance to share it again.

Mike

wwb

Hunter
Whatever floats your boat, but to me, line bored and a trigger job does it. I'm gonna shoot it, not look at it.

It's like guys who chrome the bejeezuz out of their Harleys.... makes 'em pretty, but it don't make 'em handle any better or go any faster.

REP1954

Blackhawk
wwb said:
Whatever floats your boat, but to me, line bored and a trigger job does it. I'm gonna shoot it, not look at it.

It's like guys who chrome the bejeezuz out of their Harleys.... makes 'em pretty, but it don't make 'em handle any better or go any faster.

I find it quite humorous that someone would assume by looking at good looking guns that they are not as well built as they look. I can't imagine spending the bucks for a major tune and rebuild and having it look like the girl that never went to prom.

wwb

Hunter
REP1954 said:
wwb said:

I find it quite humorous that someone would assume by looking at good looking guns that they are not as well built as they look. I can't imagine spending the bucks for a major tune and rebuild and having it look like the girl that never went to prom.

Probably my lifelong career as an engineer, but fluff is fluff..... free fluff is okay, but if I'm gonna pay for it , it had better serve a purpose.

CraigC

Hawkeye
wwb said:
REP1954 said:
wwb said:

Probably my lifelong career as an engineer, but fluff is fluff..... free fluff is okay, but if I'm gonna pay for it , it had better serve a purpose.
I have to agree with REP1954 and I'm very glad that I do not share your opinion. If I'm paying for it, it better do more than just go bang. From the ivory, to the octagon barrel, fancy finishes and the engraving, it ALL serves a purpose. That purpose may not have any effect on performance but it definitely ALL serves a purpose for the owner.

IMG_8892b.jpg

Poco Oso

Buckeye
There are some real nice looking guns posted here. I'm a real K.I.S.S. type, but I know, and respect, fine work when I see it. No reason why a pretty gun can't be a shooter. :wink:

Edited to clarify

All of my guns are shooters. I bought a 50th Anniversary #1 in 45/70 for it's looks, but still shoot it and will hunt with it.

Kind of like going to a cathouse and the owner says its $500.00 for a girl. There are two girls, one is beautiful and one is ugly...which one you gonna choose

MaxP

Buckeye
wwb said:

Bad analogy as you can't really make a Harley fast (fast is a relative term). :mrgreen:

Here you go. No chrome, but really good paint and bodywork - and nice wheels. But it's no garage queen (substitute garage for safe).

Picture002-2.jpg

Same gun, different setting. For me at least, this is the true purpose of a big-bore revolver.

DSC_0024.jpg

Alas, not a single one of my customs was built to just look good. As much go as show and at least in my case, they are used on big-game irrespective of the cost to build the gun. Otherwise, I won't keep a firearm - period. There is no crime in a revolver looking as good as it works. JMHO.

varminter22

Single-Sixer
REP1954 said:
wwb said:

Agreed!

If these "naysayers" think my engraved revolvers are safe queens, they're nuts! The actions/triggers have been slicked up VERY nice; and I carry and shoot them.