Custom Single Six Gallery

Help Support Ruger Forum:

REP1954

Blackhawk
I've been looking for a new project and I have been thinking of doing a Single Six. I have done a semi custom fixed sight in the past but I want to do a full blown custom this time. I sure would like to see and hear about your custom Single Sixes if you dont mine. Thank You.

I have an idea but no time to put it into action. Maybe someone here would like to give this a try.
Since there are piles of 10-22 birch stocks collecting dust all over the place, I would love to see one adapted to make a butt stock for a single six. Ayone want to be the first to give this a try???

REP1954

Blackhawk
The Buckmark that comes with a rifle length barrel and a shoulder stock and is registered as a rifle. The Single Six is registered as a handgun. A handgun is not allowed a shoulder stock or a fore grip that extends perpendicular to the barrel. Federal law does allow for a short barreled rifle under a Class III liecnse ($200.00 and paper work). Not all states allow short barreled rifles and once a gun is registered as a short barreled rifle that is what it is and must only be used that way, you no longer own a handgun. Some of the older guns are considered relics and fall into a collectors catagory and are allowed you would have to look it up for yourself as I'm not well enough versed in the law to give you acthual or latest information. I use to own AR15 rifles and then started owning AR15 pistols at the same time. At one point I owned 1 complete rifle and 1 complete pistol which I also owned 2 extra uppers for. In Michigan where I live you can not own a short berreled rifle unless first it is a fully automatic weapon( Please dont ask me to make sense of that) or fall into the relic and collectable catagory. I was advised to buy two more AR15 pistol lowers or get rid of my AR15 rifle lower or the extra pistol uppers as the law was poorly written and I was running into gray area as if I was considered " intent to make a short barreled rifle". As it is now I dont own any AR15 rifles or pistols anymore as my interest in guns is one of enjoyment and not politics.

Sorry to get off subject lets see those customs.

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
Fixed sight NM SS with a Power Custom spring/trigger/hammer kit from Brownels. I just re-adjusted the trigger to break at just under 2lbs. very nice shooter. Grips are Honey Mesquite made by CLC Custom grips, "CaryC" here on the forum. Not areal great picture but it's all I have right now till I try to do better.
DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
132835047.jpg

OM RSS9, stag grips, polished stainless steel grip frame.

132835046.jpg

"Star" marked KS-9, retimed cylinder latch, tall front sight.

264767830.jpg

Stainless, stag grips, "four click" lockwork, retimed cylinder latch.

flatgate