Custom Ruger Old Army

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
My Grail gun arrived in the mail yesterday along with a package from Doc Barranti! It is a David Clements Ruger Old Army with a 6 1/2" octagon barrel and a large 5 shot .50 caliber cylinder. I have listed after one of these for many a year. I decided to try one of Doc's Longhorn Companion holsters after hearing so many good reviews of them. It could be the perfect setup. It should make a dandy pig and deer gun. I have ordered a bullet mold from accurate molds to cast 250 grain bullets that David suggested

gunzo

Buckeye
Almost forgot about the new like feature here, but found it. Thing is though, it wouldn't let add more.

Great looking gun that should be super enjoyable to use.

Lord Black or substitute?

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
I am going to try BP in it since I have so much of it for my Shilohs. David recommends 777 FFFg as best and what he designed it around

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
Seriously thinking about having it engraved. This one has been my Grail gun since the first time I saw one. I couldn't afford one at the time and then when I finally decided to bite the bullet David had quit making them. It has taken a while to find on for sale much less one I could afford. I hope to keep this one forever. I plan to use it a lot and it might as well be pretty while doing it. I think 3/4 coverage with scroll work will look nice and not gaudy. Can't decide if I want to have any animals engraved on it or just scroll work.

green_chile

Bearcat
Scroll work is classic and timeless. These are great guns and I regret not ordering one from Clements when they were still available. Now they are hard to find, as you well know.

Ride1949

Hunter
What does the CCG engraving mean? Custom Clements Gun? I would not do scroll work, it looks clean and beautiful as is.

You're close. Clements Custom Guns.

Last edited:

Latest posts