SOLD Custom Marlin Ballard 40-65

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jgraham1

Buckeye
SPF

For sale is an original #1 ¾ Far West Marlin Ballard rifle that has been restored by gunsmith John King. The original action and barrel were used for this project. The action was rebuilt and polished and case colored, as was the buttplate and lever. The barrel was relined to 40-65 and cut to 28" with a half Octagon/Round profile and double wedding bands between the octagon and round. All other parts were rust blued. The buttstock is a very nice walnut from Treebone Carving in the Mid-Range version with shadowline cheekpiece and shotgun style butt. Forend has the Schnabel pattern in Ebony. Lots of other work was performed.

Overall length is 43.75" with a 14.25" pull. Fits me perfect at 5'10". Barrel is 1.065" at the breach and .825 at the muzzle. Tang sight is a MVA copy of the Marbles sight with two eyecups, and a copy of the Lyman Beach combination front sight. Weight is around 8 pounds.

Rifle has never been fired since being restored and I have the workorder. Rifle is in new condition. No FFL is required as these rifles were last made in 1890. Will ship for $3000. No electronic payments or trades. Contact me with any questions and thanks for looking.

Jerry

Last edited:

Latest posts