Custom Fitz Colt Engraved

Help Support Ruger Forum:

J2X

Bearcat
Thanks for the great photos and a cool story. That holster really completes the package.

Don't file the front sight down any more! It will shoot even higher. The front sight needs to get taller to lower the point of impact. If it were me I would leave it alone, center mass aiming will deliver the goods in the thoracic reagon. Lighter 125 bullets will give excellent results.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Man MM6 you've got some real nice shootin irons there ,there like lays patoto chips I can't make up my mind which one I like the best soI can't just pick one I LIKE THEM ALL!!!! The Flitz's Colt is really cool though .With that trigger guard cut away ,thats a real gunfighters gun .I haven't seen a cutaway like that in quite a while .Yea I know some of the "saftey cops" here cringe when they see that ,but the real saftey is your brain ,so I don't see it as an issue .Thank you so much for sharing your great looking guns .
Lou

dougader

Hunter
mm6mm6 said:
I made it to the range today and put 50 rounds of old 158 grain lead roundnose .38 Special ammo through the Fitz'ed Colt. It shot great. The trigger pull measures just a touch over 9 pounds double action and it's short and smooth. The gun shoots about 3" high at 21 feet due to its high front sight. I may file it down and touch up the blue one day to get it to shoot to point of aim. Today, I just aimed a bit high and, if I did my part, the rounds went right in the center.

Did you mean it shoots high, or that you need to aim high because it shoots low?

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Yeah, I got those mixed up there Doug....

I have to aim 3" high because the gun shoots low. Oops.

Hawkencougar2

Bearcat
The finished gun is nice. I am not a fan of cutting and chopping but to each their own.

I do have a question? You purchased, then tuned, then modified, then blued it, then had it engraved.

Why blue it before engraving it? Doesn't that require the gun to be reblued after engraving?

Also, did you get the "VP" put back onto the rear of the trigger guard?

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Hawkencougar2: The gun doesn't have to be re-blued after Gouse engraves it. He can engrave right over a factory blue or case hardening (he did two Colt SAAs for my friend and they're gorgeous!).

No VP stamp for me, in 200 years I don't want someone confused into thinking this was a real Fitz!