Crows

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longcarbine

Single-Sixer
Drive me nuts when I'm trying to call yotes or coons. Neck shot at around 80 yards with the .22 mag.
004 (9).JPG

contender

Ruger Guru
Yep,, I saw that over on the SA Forum.

I dislike crows,, and try to do them in every chance I get. That's a "good" crow right there.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I've got nothing against shooting a crow but once you learn to call coyotes , you'll use them to your advantage instead of shooting them. They are a help , not a nuisance when calling.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
If you knew as much as you think you do , you'd already know that crows and coyotes go hand in hand. One follows the other. One day may be crows following a coyote looking for scraps and the next day the coyote may be coming in to see what the crows are making a fuss about. Its not a call or calls used every time but certain times can be effective.

Longcarbine

Single-Sixer
If you knew as much as you think you do , you'd already know that crows and coyotes go hand in hand. One follows the other. One day may be crows following a coyote looking for scraps and the next day the coyote may be coming in to see what the crows are making a fuss about. Its not a call or calls used every time but certain times can be effective.
No! What they usually do after circling the decoy is land somewhere near you and give away your position. And I dont think I know, I do know. I killed 75 coyotes last year and around 50 so far this season and called in and killed hundreds of crows over the years so I am well aware of their behaviour. And yes I am bragging in this case just to shut you up, so lets hear your coyote and crow hunting tally. How many thousands have you killed, or are you just a book reading know it all.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
To answer your question, I've actually got similar numbers of coyotes as you. Some years more , some years less when time doesn't allow for as much hunting. Haven't kept a running total this year but have 17 in the last two weekends so do whatever you want with that lil tidbit of info.

Book reading know it all? Pot calling the kettle black eh! Hesus H. Christo! Familiar with the ignore feature on here? Use it. I will be.

contender

Ruger Guru
I think both of you gentlemen need to be a little more "civil" in your discussions.

Both of you have experiences, and approach the crow issue from a different viewpoint. That's fine. You can have a disagreement about the subject AND be gentler in how you post.
I'm in the camp that a crow causes missed opportunities by them pinpointing me in the field,, and giving away my position to my potential prey. But as noted,, they can also assist in letting a hunter know a coyote is coming in.

Personally, I feel the extra eyes & alarms they give can warn coyotes & other animals that I may want to kill.

But here on the Forum, we try to be polite & civil in our disagreements. FlatGate was big on acting like adults & being polite. Let's honor him by doing just that please.

Status
Not open for further replies.