crossbreed w/ sr9,sr9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gat0rBait

Bearcat
Just got my crossbreed holster (supertuck) in last week and so far so good but I do have a few questions for fellow SR9 carriers with this holster.

1. What position do you like most and feel free to elaborate.

1a. There are 4 verticle holes on the each side for the belt hooks, which holes do you use.

2. Can i use this holster for a sr9c, I think with summer coming up the florida heat etc, I would rather buy a more compact gun and I love my Sr9 so why not get the compact version. Bonus if i can use this holster.

3. Have you tried to heat up the kydex to make more or less retention? I want more on mine and crossbreed sent directions on how to change it and is sounds fairly easy but again just curious about others experience.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Gat0rBait":bp8hkxln said:
Just got my crossbreed holster (supertuck) in last week and so far so good but I do have a few questions for fellow SR9 carriers with this holster.

1. What position do you like most and feel free to elaborate.

I'm right handed and typically carry at 3:15 to 3:30.

1a. There are 4 verticle holes on the each side for the belt hooks, which holes do you use.

That wouldn't help you much, as my ribcage, hip, and comfort level isn't the same as yours. I will say I have a slight forward cant, and in general, you want more forward cant as you go farther back from 3:00 to 6:00 (for right handers). Also, I've recently lost a bit of weight, so I'm having to readjust a bit.

2. Can i use this holster for a sr9c, I think with summer coming up the florida heat etc, I would rather buy a more compact gun and I love my Sr9 so why not get the compact version. Bonus if i can use this holster.

Can't say for sure. For the most part, it looks like it will work, but it would probably be best to contact Crossbreed directly with your question.

3. Have you tried to heat up the kydex to make more or less retention? I want more on mine and crossbreed sent directions on how to change it and is sounds fairly easy but again just curious about others experience.

I've done very minor kydex adjustment on my Supertuck, but not for retention purposes. I made a slight adjustment to the kydex shell mouth to accommodate the LCI. I used an old blowdryer, so it took some time to get the kydex pliable, and even then, it was just barely. A heatgun would likely work better.

-JT

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
I use the CBST for both my full size SR9 and my SR9c with no real issues. The other thing I have to change is that it seems I need to wear it a littel further back with the compact otherwise I kinda miss the grip when I reach for it.

Otherwise, you just have to find what comfortable for YOU. Everyone is a bit different. I wear mine around 3:00 with a decent cant and set a bit low. I'm using 2nd from bottom and 3rd hole from bottom for back and front. I think. Something like that. I just played around with it till I got it right. If there was a standard, there wouldn't be any adjustment built in. Some like theres canted way forwared, dropped real low, and pushed back to about 5:00.

I ride the motorcycle a lot so for me, 3:00ish works best. I have to get it jsut right on my hip or it will bug the heck out of me.