Crazy price, but here is a LH short action Hawkeye

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Otony

Blackhawk
vol423":19tyym3o said:
What would you pay for the first one of any Ruger production?

A fair amount to be sure. In my case however, this is a rifle that would be immediately rebarreled to another caliber, one not offered by Ruger at this time.

So I will continue to wait until the short actions roll out enough to pay a more reasonable price.

I will add, that without actual production figures and a Ruger letter I would not be inclined to buy this particular rifle on just a say so. While it is pretty likely everything in the auction description is on the up and up, a real collector would need proof, not just words. Proof is a Ruger letter.

Lest anyone think I am too big for my britches, that is just my not so humble opinion......

63November

Single-Sixer
Otony":2x904tr1 said:
vol423":2x904tr1 said:

A fair amount to be sure. In my case however, this is a rifle that would be immediately rebarreled to another caliber, one not offered by Ruger at this time.

So I will continue to wait until the short actions roll out enough to pay a more reasonable price.

I will add, that without actual production figures and a Ruger letter I would not be inclined to buy this particular rifle on just a say so. While it is pretty likely everything in the auction description is on the up and up, a real collector would need proof, not just words. Proof is a Ruger letter.

Lest anyone think I am too big for my britches, that is just my not so humble opinion......

I would say that holds for even a face to face, not to mention an internet deal. Your pants appear to fit just fine.

63November

Single-Sixer
Otony":2aomwdp1 said:
vol423":2aomwdp1 said:

I would say that holds for even a face to face, not to mention an internet deal. Your pants appear to fit just fine.

Latest posts