Couple'a Glock Questions...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
gb6491":2s3oh19t said:
Good info on the GSSF.
FWIW: the LE discount subcompacts come with only two magazines.
Regards,
Greg

More good info .... didn't know that.

REV

Glasstream15

Bearcat
I have a G19. I like it. I use it for carry and HD. I put a TLR2 on it for HD and take it off for carry. Stays in perfect alignment. Great gun and I love how easy it is to field strip, clean and reassemble.

I also have a KP90. Would I trade my Ruger for a Glock? Or anything? Maybe for a fully loaded, match 1911. Maybe and straight up. That Ruger will be the gun they pry from my cold dead fingers, hopefully in about 20 years or so. (That puts me into my late 80s.)

revhigh

Hawkeye
Most say that the G19 is the 'best' overall Glock. I'd say it's probably the most popular. It's almost as easy to carry as the 26, and shoots as well as the 17. It's a fine overall weapon. Wish I had one. LOL

REV

2ndamd

Bearcat
November":3qt51hhe said:
I chopped my G23 grip for carry and I love it. It was an older police trade-in gun so I didn't mind doing this work on it. It'll use the shorter G26/27/33 mags for concealment but retains the sight radius and rail of the G23. It can take any of the longer mags also. I modified it as a do-it-all Glock. It was easy to do as there are no parts in the grip, just plastic.

ChoppedG23002.jpg

Gawd November.
You can not seem to quit tinkering with your guns :)
Do you still have that Ruger P94 that you added the rail to?

November

Single-Sixer
2ndamd":3b4fys9y said:
Gawd November.
You can not seem to quit tinkering with your guns :)
Do you still have that Ruger P94 that you added the rail to?

:lol:

Yes sir I do. Seems like I modify everything I own. Jackets, shoes, bikes, guns, guitars. They all meet a power tool at some point!

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
"Yes sir I do. Seems like I modify everything I own. Jackets, shoes, bikes, guns, guitars. They all meet a power tool at some point!"

November! Are you my long lost twin! :shock:

I scallop my own guitar necks, mod all my pistols, and everything in between! And I can't help myself :D The wife hates it! "Why can't you just leave things alone?!" she says.

aaronrb204

Bearcat
Sorry if I repeat things that have already been said but at this point in my day I just don't have the attention span or energy to read the entire thread.

The Glock .380acp pistols are the exact same size as the 9x19 pistols but just in a smaller caliber. So they are relatively pointless. They are intended for those countries that do not allow civilians to own guns in military calibers. But ultimately they don't have enough points.

10mm is a great round. I don't think it quite matches .41mag but definitely acts like a .357mag in a reliable auto platform with similar bullet weights. The Glock 20 and 29 are the full size and compact pistols in that caliber. I think EAA still makes a Witness in that caliber. There are still 4th generation S&W pistols out there in various configurations.

I would say that the Glock 19 is a bit more popular than any of the others. It is in a common caliber, has never had kb issues, is small enough for concealed carry, is large enough for general use, carries 15+1 and can use larger 9x19 mags, and probably a couple other things that Glock lovers have come up with.

Glock makes at least the 20 and 21 in the SF configuration. I have been told that it stands for a few different things but ultimately it means that hump on the bottom of the backstrap has been shrunk down a bit. I would check those out before you go and so a grip reduction.