Countdown, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...That's it!?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sargents1

Single-Sixer
A Compact SR9, all that BS with a countdown and all we get is a lousy compact 9mm? ...Yawn...This is a product that should have been released with the original SR9 release.

Where is the SR1911?
How about the SR12 tactical shotgun?
An SR40 maybe?....

Heck, even Jeff Quinn's spoofed polymer framed Blackhawk II with integral laser sight and accessory rail would have been more interesting (even if misguided).

"Boring Sidney, Boring..."

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
MountainGator":3mgs02o9 said:
I'd been happier with a LC+P, (that's a LCP that can take +P ammo like most every other .380 Auto)

We will have to get an expert in here, but I am pretty sure that SAMMI does not have a 380 +P spec. To me, that means that any 380 with a +P on it is just marketing hype.

If you can show it to me, I will believe it, but I just can no see any American manufacturer saying it is OK to shoot non SAMMI spec ammunition of unknown pressures in any handgun.

Charlie

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Leucoandro":2oz1vsdo said:
We will have to get an expert in here, but I am pretty sure that SAMMI does not have a 380 +P spec. To me, that means that any 380 with a +P on it is just marketing hype.

If you can show it to me, I will believe it, but I just can no see any American manufacturer saying it is OK to shoot non SAMMI spec ammunition of unknown pressures in any handgun.

Charlie

No expert here, but I'm fairly certain SAAMI does NOT have listed pressure ratings for .380 ACP +P, so any manufacturer that states they sell .380 ACP +P ammo, or guns that use .380 ACP +P are pretty much going by arbitrary numbers.

A whole lotta hooey.

-JT

sargents1

Single-Sixer
So, I went back and looked at the website and saw that Ruger also introduced a 7shot GP100 and an 8 shot Blackhawk, both in .327 Fed Mag.
Nice to know that I can get a suitable firearm for protecting my family from marauding house cats and limp-wristed liberal bunny-huggers.

Ok so that last part was unfair. The .327 is a fine caliber for self defense and the GP100 is a good platform for it. But, ...BUT the GP100 is still too much beef for a simple service revolver. Jeff Quinn's review says both guns are tack-drivers which is certainly a nice thing to hear. I do also like the increased cylinder capacity.

About the SR9C. I like the grip extension and the full-sized magazine with the grip on it (a-la springfield's XD compact). Other than that...."shrug" B.F.D.

Still underwhelmed after hoping for something neat like a new shotgun, improved P-series, an SR40/45/10mm, a new improved 1911, a 6.8SPC SR Rifle or any of the other things on my wishlist.

Mandan

Bearcat
William Shakespeare wrote a play which kinda sums up this "countdown".
It was called
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

aWoods

Single-Sixer
The SR9c compact pistol weighs in at 24 oz. and features an overall length of 6.875", a height of 5.00", and the same slim 1.27" grip width as the full-sized SR9. It comes with two magazines that provide options in both capacity and grip size. The standard magazine holds 10 rounds and features a flat bottom butt plate; a finger grip extension floor plate is also included. The second magazine features a grip adapter and holds 17 rounds, instantly transforming the smaller, compact grip into a full-sized 9mm grip. The 3.50" barreled pistol features an integral accessory rail that accommodates most lights and lasers.

The SR9c compact pistol utilizes the same adjustable, high-visibility 3-Dot sight system as its full-sized predecessor, setting it apart from many compact pistols that rely on fixed sights. New serrations are located on the front portion of the slide, making it easier to both manipulate the slide and to press check the chamber. The SR9c is available with a glass-filled nylon frame and through-hardened slide in either a brushed stainless or blackened finish. State compliant variations are available where necessary and ship with two 10-round magazines.

Just like the original, full-sized SR9, the SR9c is loaded with modern safety features like a 1911-style ambidextrous manual safety, internal trigger bar interlock and striker blocker, trigger safety, magazine disconnect, plus a visual and tactile loaded chamber indicator.

Shipping January 15th

Sure it sounds interesting, but I'm soured on the SR9's quality. Fool me once, Ruger: shame on you. Fool me twice: shame on me.

Sad to say something mean like that about a company you otherwise like!

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Maaannn! You guys are tough! Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I welcome the new addition. I was considering an SR9, but because of its track record, I've been waiting. Now, the SR9c might be a better alternative................once it earns its stripes.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
The new guns aren't anything that I'm interested in, but neither were the LCR or the SR556. You can't please all the people all the time. It is nice to see them evolving their product line though. I'm actually happy they didn't release anything I'm interested in, because my bank account couldn't handle it ;)

I'm sure Ruger will do fine with their new offerings, and I look forward to what comes next year.

snakespit

Bearcat
Are any of the new guns really new? :?

rugerPride.jpg

Ruger Still Rocks 8)

slippingaway

Blackhawk
ttedb3":3fwny9vq said:
I don't know, looks O.K. to me. We'll wait & see how it does. wish it came in O.D. though.....

Now that they have the molds and tooling, different colors are easy. I bet it will come, I'm sure they've just been too busy making sure they build enough to actually ship out.

The more I think about it, I do like the SR9c. The biggest part of the civilian market right now is concealed carry pieces, and even if they only pick up a small part of the market with this, it will still be great for them. It would be a nice intermediate gun to fill the gap between my LCP and my P345, but I'm just not in the market for another gun right now. Too many other obligations. I think they'll do great with it.