Could we see a return of the Deerfield (99/44)?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

grobin

Blackhawk
As for the lack of market for a semiautomatic with a rotary or tube mag, I am not really sure why. I think that a lot of the market for these PCCs is a spin-off from the AR market. A bunch of the AR guys seem to be more interested in looking 'kool' than actually shooting anything. Frankly for real use I don't see the attraction of large mags. Sure they are an advantage for some competitions, trainfire and combat courses; but not much else. Aside from military firefights just don't happen and IMHO preparing for them is a waste of time and money.

But the reality is that, aside from pump and lever guns, tube (to a lesser degree rotary) magazines just don't sell. That's why we are not going to see any new PCC in rimmed cartridges. Well if someone follows the shotguns and comes out with box mags!

Wandered off topic here a bit. I see Ruger expanding the PC9, AR, mini 14 line. I see them making alternate actions for the popular AT calibers: 223, 300BLK, 450 BUSHMASTER, Others? But I don't see them making PCC in rimmed calibers, nor any alternate action types other than, possibly, PC9 family-PC45, PC10- if they ever happen.

mac66

Single-Sixer
I'd settle for an American Ranch Rifle in 44 mag.

I already have a Ruger 44 carbine and a Marlin lever 94 in 44 mag but a bolt action is more versatile in developing hand loads.