Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
$1600 . . . I don't think so.
P1010006-4.jpg

hedraper.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
The fixed sight gun was a Davidson's run several years ago. They are fetching around $500 these days.

The expensive one is the Shootist model with adjustable sights, 52 made, 50 for the Shootists and one each for WBR and WBR Jr.

I was lucky to get ahold of one that was sold to one of the Shootists. But I sure wouldn't let it go for $1600 ;)

Shootist-KRB-24AW-263-01854.jpg

G2

Hunter
installaternc":gbg4sfus said:
Thanks WMG
I Thought that was KRB-24AW just a missprint I guess

KRB-24AW .... Adjustable Sight as pictured WMG.
KRB-24FW .... Fixed Sight as pictured G2

cwegga

Bearcat
G2":1tzlflif said:

What is that knife and where could someone get one like it if you don't mind telling? Am I correct in thinking it's a folder? Because that might be the best looking folding knife I have ever seen. :shock:

G2

Hunter
cwegga":2k906dqm said:
What is that knife and where could someone get one like it if you don't mind telling? Am I correct in thinking it's a folder? Because that might be the best looking folding knife I have ever seen. :shock:

Harvey Draper, Ephraim, Utah. Built 1979 I paid $400 then, This was double the$$ of any other knife he made, He tried to scare me away w/ the price. Was at College, Kept asking my Dad for a few extra bucks here and there, He wondered; "What the Hell". Gave it to him for Christmas that year. :shock: :shock: It was goooood.
Harvey built fixed blade knives and had only done a few folders (5 that I know of), This is by far the Best one.
1982 Harvey crashed a experimental plane, it killed him.
Dec 28th 1982 my Dad died. (age 42)
Have been offered 5K for the knife from a notable collector, too much sentimental value. It just carves cheese now. :roll:

Harvey is noted in the custom knife makers as the guy who could get that high polish, back then it was not common. He was associated with great names; Buster Warenski, Gil Hibben, S Johnson.

cwegga

Bearcat
Wow, that's an awesome heirloom! :shock: What can I say I have good taste. :lol: The first first knife I've really liked in a long time is one of a kind and irreplaceable. :roll: Well let me know if you want to leave it to me in your will. I was born in '82 so I should have a good 20 years on you to enjoy it. :lol: But seriously that is an awesome knife and it's great to have something that significant from your dad.

chet15

Hawkeye
installaternc":eiegp8pa said:
G2
Thanks for the pics Probably reading the RENE wrong
Brian

Yes, that is an error that I made on the price guide. And hey, that's about the sixth or seventh time somebody has caught that. I know you guys are reading it!!
The actual price for the KRB-24FW should have been $535.
Chet15

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
I used to work with one of Harve Drapers nephews around 1970. Met him a couple of times. I have a Harve Draper bowie and also one done by each of his boys. His son kent was killed serveral years ago and his other son makes knifes parttime.

chet15

Hawkeye
installaternc":1pxnm30n said:
I'm looking thru RENE price guide and it says KRB-24FW
(stainless fixed sight 4 5/8" Bisley) $1600

Thanks
Brian

Yes, the $1,600 was an error. My excel formula wasn't plugged into that averaged price on excel, so came out at that high price. A lot of you sharp eyed collectors caught that one!!!
The good news is, the new double sided price guide (format courtesy of our own WMG!) will be mailed with the next issue of RENE.
Chet15