Cool pic of my .44 special Flattop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

williamc

Single-Sixer
The trees around my house are dropping interesting colored leaves, so I thought I'd snap a few photos. This one turned out really nice. It's my .44 special.

bh_leaves.jpg

I have to say that there's been a learning curve with this revolver, my first big bore single action. It took several range trips to get a feel on how to shoot it, but now my groups are tightening up. I mostly shoot at 25 yards, and I can hit a clay bird 90% of the time (off-hand).

I'm ready to start working up loads for accuracy. I just bought a box of 255gr cast performance WFN bullets...hope to do some hunting in the future.

This is the one gun in my safe that gives me enjoyment just holding it. What a great gun...it'll get passed on to my boy one day. Ruger really needs to do a run of these for the buying public.

William

Hammerdown77

Blackhawk
Ruger hit a home run with the flat top 44 Special. I love shooting mine. They are quite versatile, and very accurate.

I've found a few loads that it really likes. All using 240-250 grain cast bullets.

I had a blued, 5.5" model, and now have a blued 5.5" Bisley.

Ethang

Blackhawk
Very nice pic. I would love one but I don't want to get bit by the 44 special bug. The 45 Colt bug is expensive enough.

williamc

Single-Sixer
Lee Martin said:
Great shot and I still like how Ruger gave you your 5.5" wish. The OM emblems are a nice touch too.

Funny, because until it came back from Ruger I had been studying your threads on machining and fitting a new barrel.

cmacrph

Bearcat
Very nice photo of a great shootin' iron. Have a couple of the special editions myself and really like the Bisley model. Perhaps we'll see an addition to your "special" soon!