Convert P89 Manual Safety to Decock only?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wlhump

Bearcat
The title pretty much says it all...Is is possible to convert a manual safety KP89 to a "DC" decock only action? Either via Ruger or some third party?

Since it has such a long DA pull, I don't often use the manual safety, but should I decide to carry it, it might be nice to disable the manual safety so I don't have to sweep the lever up 'just in case' it moves in the holster.

backdrafted

Bearcat
Have a stoger 8000 F I converted to G(*edit decock only)

All that was required was removing a ball detent and spring from the decocker. Might be where the key lies. There is a slide take down thread for the 89 around here somewhere if archive is intact. I suggest looking at that, take down your slide and look for the right part.

There is a thread on the beretta forum about the F to G conversion, with some pics too. Sorry no links its been a while.

Do the research and let us know how it goes I'd like to do mine. Might do it myself if I can get my 89 back from my dad.

Some hints atleast.

96/44

Blackhawk
Check gunbroker, etc for a P89DC parts kit. There are usually a few on there. Swap the slide assembly, and you're set.

railroader

Single-Sixer
I converted a p95 decocker safety to a decocker only. I got a p95dc that was complete minus the frame on gun broker. To switch over my pistol I changed the slide but I also had to change the trigger bar and the the hinged ejector. At 1st I tried changing just the trigger bar but it would get out of the place and would quit working. The ejector is slightly different in the p95 dc and it holds the trigger bar in place. Once I installed the dc ejector everthing worked right. The pistol now runs like a top. Mark

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
96/44":opmf1alr said:
Check gunbroker, etc for a P89DC parts kit. There are usually a few on there. Swap the slide assembly, and you're set.
That's what I did with my P90; I got everything except for the frame quite cheaply that way. I only need to swap the top ends for it to work:
2crkm8p.jpg

15dvztl.jpg

2a4y4hf.jpg

Regards,
Greg