Concealed Carry Guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ECUfan

Bearcat
One gun that I have seen lately that is interesting and has very good reviews in the Taurus Millenium G2. It is slightly smaller than the SR9c and has capacity of 12+1 compared to the flush mag 10+1 of the SR9c. Double strike capabilities and external thumb safety with the trigger safety. I can carry the SR9c in most of my large pockets and the G2 actually fit better in my pockets.

DonD

Single-Sixer
ECUfan said:
One gun that I have seen lately that is interesting and has very good reviews in the Taurus Millenium G2. It is slightly smaller than the SR9c and has capacity of 12+1 compared to the flush mag 10+1 of the SR9c. Double strike capabilities and external thumb safety with the trigger safety. I can carry the SR9c in most of my large pockets and the G2 actually fit better in my pockets.

Don't think many experienced people would put Taurus in the same league quality wise as Ruger. Don

toysoldier

Hunter
My LCP goes everywhere with me---except at work. By state law and management policy, the hospital is a "gun-free" zone. Security has been tightened up, so I'm not quite as concerned about a nutjob wandering in through the previously-unlocked employee entrance and back door of the OR. I hope no one pushes for the parking lot to be "gun-free" too. I'd have to get the NRA-ILA lawyers on the case.

An interesting note about no-gun businesses; the Goodwill store is posted, but not the Salvation Army thrift shop.

I think the argument for carrying everywhere, all the time, can actually be made by bumper stickers:

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you probably won't ever need one again."

"When seconds count, police are just minutes away."

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

George

Blackhawk
All depends on what I'm doing and where I'm going. I like the Colt officers model .45 S&W 6906 9mm ,LC9 or a LCP depending on what's going on and try and dress around what I feel I need to carry at the time.. George

Triton

Bearcat
eveled said:
Triton, Thank you for your service to our country, and welcome to the forum. Ed

Your welcome, I'd do it all again, they won't take this old man, but my daughter is now serving! And the beat goes on.

Single Sixer wrote about one blow being deadly, I fully understand your thought process, I am on so many blood thinners, one serious injury and I bleed out before help can arrive, so I share with you the concept of staying away from danger, or if forced, act first.
I also liked toy soldier's comment about messing with old guys, they shoot you, lol.

I am leaving the Virginia Beach area tomorrow for the trip back home in Ohio. This has been a 30 day vacation to visit my daughter, who is stationed at Norfolk, and to welcome my grandson into the world. Along the way, I have purchased three new guns, two of them associated with this forum, a SR9 I bought for range use, and a LCP I bought for summer usage when my normal 1911 carry just won't conceal. Next week, I hope to get out and shoot both of these.
Over the past thirty days these forums have occupied a lot of my idle time, I thank each of you for sharing your experiences and mostly, your opinions. Some of which have caused me to re-think how I am doing things.

Adios my friends, keep up the good work!

George

Blackhawk
Triton, Like others have said thank you for your service protecting us and everything We The People stands for!! Enjoy your much deserved vacation! Hat's off to you and your daughter, god bless and be safe! Oh For 9mm power out of you LCP's .380 round check out Buffalo bore .380+P+P ammo. You will need to upgrade the springs in the LCP Galloway sells 13lb recoil spring sets $15 bucks.. Only use the +P+P ammo on occasion and for CC use with that little power house Pocket gun!! Again enjoy yourself and have a good time! George

Triton

Bearcat
George said:
All depends on what I'm doing and where I'm going. I like the Colt officers model .45 S&W 6906 9mm ,LC9 or a LCP depending on what's going on and try and dress around what I feel I need to carry at the time.. George

George, if you favor the officer size 1911, you should, if the opportunity ever arises, take a look and hopefully shoot, the Sig 1911 C3.
I was looking for a SR1911, which I happen to shoot very well with, and could not find one. I stumbled upon the C3, same size as the officer model, with the 4.2" barrel, and it just fit my hand very nicely, and came to point like the SR does. So I took a chance and got it.
I am pleased to say it shoots really good, and is extremely reliable. Doesn't care what I feed it, handles HP just like ball ammo. The only thing negative I can say is the front strap is a bit aggressive. I just got a Hogue wraparound grip before I left for vacation, I hope to shoot it next week and see if the finger grooves help with recoil recovery without the front strap. This has become my EDC when weather and clothes allow, I know I can rely on it if ever needed. I carry it in a JIT slide from Don Hume, and it hugs nicely. I'm not allowed to post pictures yet, or I would include one.

DonD

Single-Sixer
George said:
Oh For 9mm power out of you LCP's .380 round check out Buffalo bore .380+P+P ammo. You will need to upgrade the springs in the LCP Galloway sells 13lb recoil spring sets $15 bucks.. Only use the +P+P ammo on occasion and for CC use with that little power house Pocket gun!!

That's interesting considering Ruger, in the case of the LCP, says no +P ammo let alone +P+ which has no SAAMI standard, the manufacturers can sell ammo of unknown and quite likely much higher pressure. Gun might crap under the worst possible conditions.

"AMMUNITION
The RUGER® LCP® pistols are chambered for the 380 Auto cartridge. Do not attempt to load any other cartridges into the magazine or chamber of the pistol. Do not use "+P" ammunition." Direct quote from the LCP manual and by the way, the "Do not use +P ammunition" is in bold red letters, suggests they're very serious about the issue.

Want 9mm or 9mm +P power? Shoot a 9mm not a .380. Don

George

Blackhawk
DonD Yep the manual does state this as does so may manuals advising that the use of +P ammo will cause accelerated wear.. Hence the Upgrade the recoil springs before using.. Not like one would be dumb enough to just used in in a factory LCP and shoot hundreds of rounds.. But some do that too and it runs fine! Nope I'm saying upgrade things and shoot a few.. Any why shoot a .380 if you want 9mm power.. Sometimes size does matter If we are talking LCP and we are! I would do all my range shooting with target ammo and get the some rounds with the same Bullet configuration for run in with the LCP.. shoot a few B/B rounds every now and then.. then CC with them.. Or just some .380 +P in Buffalo Bore and be up to .38 special power if you feel safer..

Triton, Never had a chance ot shoot a Sig never could afford one that's why I got my Colt 1911 .45. The Colt was upper end for me at the time.. But yes I will shoot a Sig 1911 C3 if I can I live in NH where they are made.. Yes would love you see your Sig CC setup when you can post pictures! I Run a IBW Pro Carry HD form the Holster Store in St. Cloud FL Said to be the same as the Don Hume.. http://www.theholsterstore.net/Pro_Carry_HD_p/procarryhd.htm Thank you! George

DonD

Single-Sixer
Guess I'm just conservative. I carry +P in the SR9C and Buffalo Bore +P in the SP101. Don

George

Blackhawk
DonD said:
Guess I'm just conservative. I carry +P in the SR9C and Buffalo Bore +P in the SP101. Don

Don , That's fine and not a thing wrong with that! I care about my pistols at the range I don't beat them but if I have to loosen up a gun with some really hot loads in a defensive situation I will.. Not talking ISHF here.. Chances are I will never need to use my gun and if I do odds are that it will be a short close encounter and I want the most power I can have that I know works 100% of the time.. If it works for me in this situation I really don't care about the gun at all.. Guess that's what I'm saying.. Again this is IMO for me.. Others may want to try it or not but it's doable.. In the small package the LCP offers.. I do carry my .45 when ever I can but sometimes it just don't work with how I need to dress.. George

Triton

Bearcat
George said:
DonD Yep the manual does state this as does so may manuals advising that the use of +P ammo will cause accelerated wear.. Hence the Upgrade the recoil springs before using.. Not like one would be dumb enough to just used in in a factory LCP and shoot hundreds of rounds.. But some do that too and it runs fine! Nope I'm saying upgrade things and shoot a few.. Any why shoot a .380 if you want 9mm power.. Sometimes size does matter If we are talking LCP and we are! I would do all my range shooting with target ammo and get the some rounds with the same Bullet configuration for run in with the LCP.. shoot a few B/B rounds every now and then.. then CC with them.. Or just some .380 +P in Buffalo Bore and be up to .38 special power if you feel safer..

Triton, Never had a chance ot shoot a Sig never could afford one that's why I got my Colt 1911 .45. The Colt was upper end for me at the time.. But yes I will shoot a Sig 1911 C3 if I can I live in NH where they are made.. Yes would love you see your Sig CC setup when you can post pictures! I Run a IBW Pro Carry HD form the Holster Store in St. Cloud FL Said to be the same as the Don Hume.. http://www.theholsterstore.net/Pro_Carry_HD_p/procarryhd.htm Thank you! George

George, I'm unable to find out how to get posting privileges, so send me an email and I will return it with pictures of the Sig.

DonD

Single-Sixer
George said:
DonD said:

Don , That's fine and not a thing wrong with that! I care about my pistols at the range I don't beat them but if I have to loosen up a gun with some really hot loads in a defensive situation I will.. Not talking ISHF here.. Chances are I will never need to use my gun and if I do odds are that it will be a short close encounter and I want the most power I can have that I know works 100% of the time.. If it works for me in this situation I really don't care about the gun at all.. Guess that's what I'm saying.. Again this is IMO for me.. Others may want to try it or not but it's doable.. In the small package the LCP offers.. I do carry my .45 when ever I can but sometimes it just don't work with how I need to dress.. George

Nice that you are able to discuss a subject without taking a differing opinion as a personal attack. My remarks were not intended to be insulting but frequently on forums, controversy results in flame attacks. Have a good weekend. Don

Triton

Bearcat
George said:

George, did the photos go through ok?

Triton

George

Blackhawk
Tom, Yes they did! Nice Sig C3!!!! I'll have to try one out when I get a chance.. Also like the Taurus .. I had a PT99 and kicked myself when I sold it years ago. It was a nice gun that worked flawlessly. Years ago I had to sell one to fund another and always kicked myself. I have since learned not to do that. Nice CC choices.. Also I think you can post here if you web host the photos and link them from there. Thank you! George

Mag-force

Single-Sixer
I work for myself and do alot of sevice work in sometimes not to good places. I carry a LCP because it's easy to conceal. But my back up is a XDS 45 which makes me feel better depending on area that i'm in. I also carry a baby cobra 38 sp. that is a very accute and very concealed revolver.

George

Blackhawk
Mag Force, That's a odd way to carry, If your going to carry two guns the backup is mostly the smaller gun. What carry method do you use for that carry arrangement and what's the reason for your carry method? For me if I carry with a back up I would carry my primary gun Colt officers .45 in a shoulder holster and my back up gun LCP in my boot or in a wallet holster. Thanks! George

Mag-force

Single-Sixer
I guess I should of explain my situation better. When I go in a house i carry my LCP because it's easy to conceal in my belt holster. I don't carry 2 guns at a time just the 38 or 45 when i'm out on the town.

jlange

Bearcat
My view on when and where to carry comes down to this:

If I ever made the decision not to carry and someone in my family was killed or permanently injured in an attack that I could have possibly stopped with a gun, could I live with that for the rest of my life?

This rationale extends to me being killed and leaving my wife and kids without a husband/father (although _I_ wouldn't have to live with it).

For me, the answer was "No", so I carry everywhere that it isn't prohibited (including in my home). Even if my defensive use of a gun was unsuccessful, I will know that I did everything I could have.